1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do People think God looks like a Man?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Internet Marketing IQ, Oct 15, 2011.

I believe most people think God looks like other people and more specifically a "he" who is portrayed as OLD.

Why wouldn't God look like something else and why would God appear to be "Old".

Internet Marketing IQ, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  2. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    Because people from biblical age who created "god" were stupid and didn't have much creativity. And of course, if the claim was true, then "god" would look like an early human, like this:
    [​IMG]

g36, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  3. lilc800

lilc800 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one knows how god looks.. and god also said for no one to "guess" how he looked also..

We only know how jesus looked and we don't fully know that but the bible describe him a little

lilc800, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read the Bible (and fix the error) - "God was created in man's image".

Would you worship a god that looked like a chicken?

Rukbat, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  5. Jackob2916

Jackob2916 Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is no specific image or body then no one will believe in god

Jackob2916, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  6. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not believe GOD looks like a MAN. Because anyone in the world saw GOD.

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Probably because the "Bible" says that God created man in his own image... Take it for what you will...

Mia, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  8. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Bible says God is a spirit and no man has ever seen Him.

"In his image" means in his nature as an IMMORTAL spirit, unlike all other creatures, when they die, they have no spiritual immortality.

Angelic, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And you know that how? Because god himself said it?

Nima, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  10. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I did.

Obamanation, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  11. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, He himself said it, because the Bible is His word.

Angelic, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  12. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. You can't rely on bible for proof that god exists or that bible is his/her word

Nima, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Very few do. They use a little something called faith.

Mia, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  14. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of proofs do you need to make you believe? Do you want God to appear in the sky and announce to each person He is there?

Angelic, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  15. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mia, You're right. That's where i was getting at. God exists only through faith (and not reason). The problem with that is you can't question anything that god says anymore as any argument is faced with the fact that "you don't have faith". Not being able to question the very essence and foundation of it is the one of the biggest flaws in all religions and belief in god.

Angelic, the god defined in our history and literature would of course never do such a thing as take a physical form to itself. and discussions about god's existence are always philosophical.

Nima, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You can question faith as much as you question scientific theory. Neither has been proved or disproven.

I find a lot of science equally difficult to swallow at times.

Mia, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  17. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right. There are a lot of scientific theories hard to believe and a lot that have been proven.

I don't think faith and science are even in the same category to compare them though. Faith is a philosophy and an idea. Science, even in theory, is always seeking factual proof or disproof.

Nima, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  18. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    People think god is an old man because old men were the ones who made him up. Draws more respect and authority for dudes with shriveled up balls.

Now ask them how big is god's pee pee or why would he need an asshole and they don't know it yet.

thesickearth, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  19. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fact is no one really knows the bible is god's word or not. People can't see god. How can it be verified?

BTW, It's said god created the world and its creatures in 7 days, how come there's no story about dinosaurs, homo erectus or neanderthals in bible?

g36, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  20. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fact is you and the sick above you will perish if you don't repent and turn to Christ in faith. God exists as surely as you and I exist, and one day you will be held accountable before Him for all your actions in this life.

(Matthew 12:36) But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

Evidences from OUTSIDE THE BIBLE that give credibility to the Bible:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2308634
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2290318

(John 20:24-31) Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
    But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
    A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
    Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
    Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
    Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

(Romans 1:18-20) The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

(Hebrews 11:1) Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

(Hebrews 11:6) And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Angelic, Nov 2, 2011 IP