1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Personal SEO Method i use to Rank My Clients

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by socialmediaexperts, Sep 29, 2011.

I have been in the Internet Marketing Field for the last 6 years and i have learned a lot of things the hard way. I am proud to say that i have worked with the Insurance Team for over 3 years. I have also learnt a lot with this website and i think now its my time to share something that i have learnt.

All the tutorials that i have seen (both paid & free) have only been telling about finding the easiest keywords to target using keyword research and how to rank them. And most of them tell the same things over and over.

I have also noticed that most of the tutorials teach about ranking for just one product / Website. What if you have an eCommerce website with 100's of products? This tutorial will explain you how to do SEO for an eCommerce Website.

REMEMBER: This was done with a team of 3.

The Challenge
    The website i got had about 200,000 products and they were not ranking for any of them. The ON page was poorly done and the sales were very bad. So something has to be done to come over this situation as they have already spent millions of dollars on inventory.

Preparing for the SEO Campaign

The first challenge for me was to choose the right product to target. Since there are a lot of products, i started doing some research on the best selling products. You can go to Amazon and look for the products and see how well they are selling. The main factor i chose was the price of the product. Here are the steps i followed to choose the right product.

1. Choose a random category
    2. Find the products in that category in Amazon
    3. Check the reviews. If more reviews then the product is selling well. You can also just Google the product name and see the popularity of that product.
    4. See if you can give the least price than any one who is selling online. If yes, then you just chose the right product.

I Finally found the products and requested the website owner to lower the price than the current market price. (Even if you can lower $5 it will make a big difference)

Now i have the products but i will not try to rank for the products as there was not much search for that brand / product name. Instead, people had searched for the Category and found the product and bought it. So i am going to target the Category name as my keyword.

Now that i have the keyword to target, i am going to start the SEO process.

Now i have asked my guys to start getting the resources i needed. Here are they,

1. One Nice video about the category with watermark of our website.
    2. Create one 750 word unique article regarding the keyword. It must state the benefits of the product, comparison if available and should be 100% unique and professional.
    3. Create a PDF about the category and products with watermark of our website url.
    4. Create a power point presentation about the category and product with our website url in all slides.
    5. Create 15 review articles about the products with 500 words each.

I have split my keywords into 3. Here are they,

1. Category Name
    2. Best Category Name
    3. Buy Category Name

Here are the Search Analysis for the above keywords:

1. Category Name

Global Monthly Searches: 60,500
    Local Monthly Searches: 40,500
    Competition Level: High

2. Best Category Name

Global Monthly Searches: 1,600
    Local Monthly Searches: 1,300

3. Buy Category Name

Global Monthly Searches: 260
    Local Monthly Searches: 140

Notice the Big difference in the 1st keyword and the other 2 keywords? It was done purposely. As you know it will take a bunch of time to rank for the first keyword. But i don't have the time to make my client wait that long. So i have taken all these 3 keywords into account and do the SEO for all these 3 keywords. I know that the 2nd and 3rd keyword will rank in just a couple of days and i can show some results to build the trust with the client and then focus on ranking the main keyword.

Now there as another problem. There were 6 products in that category. The category page was very simple with just the product name with no contents. It was a big problem. The URL was also very deep. So i went ahead and created a new page. Here are some of the things i did.

1. Made sure the url had the category name in it.
    2. The title was made as "Buy the Best Category Name From Just $112" (I have used the price

because i have the lowest price in the market from that product). You can also notice that i

have combined all the 3 keywords into the title.
    3. Added the necessary keywords and description. I made sure the description also included the price and it started with the keywords.
    3. Added a 750 words unique article in that page.
    4. Added all the 6 products with 200 words unique description. All the products were linked to the product page.
    5. Added a nice header image to make the landing page look more product oriented and show customers that we are serious about this business.

Now i have my landing page done. It was way better than the previous category page.

Next thing i did was i went ahead and bought a new domain with "buycategoryname". I am going to use this website as a review website for the products i am going to sell. It will have a

Home Page, Review page for the products and a blog page.

Here are the following things i did on that website

1. Hosted the website in a completely new server location (This is very important. Never host your other website along with the main website)
    2. Installed Wordpress
    3. Install a nice theme
    4. Installed the following plugins: All in one SEO Pack, SEO Friendly Images, SEO Search Terms Tagging 2, SEO Smart Links, SEO Super Comments, wptouch, smart youtube, w3 cache, Google XML Site maps.
    5. Added a 500 word article with images and videos.
    6. Created the product pages with affiliate links to the main website (just add ?utm_source=yourname in the url to make it look like an affiliate website. This is very important. Do not give direct links)
    7. Wrote a simple blog by taking reviews from Amazon and told about how people like this product. I will be writing one blog every day.

All this was done in 2 days. So now i have all the necessary resources required to kick start my SEO campaign.

The White Hat 70% :

Day 1:

STEP 1:
    First thing i did was to add these 2 links to the webmaster tool. To do this,

1. Login to your webmaster tool
    2. Add your websites if you have already not done that.
    3. Go to Diagnostics -> Fetch as Google Bot
    4. Add the URL and click on Fetch
    5. Click on Submit to Index.

STEP 2:
    Next i submitted the websites to the following pinging services.

1. Webmasterdesk
    2. imtalk - IMT website submitter
    3. freebacklinktool

STEP 3:
    I now upload the video i created to the following websites:

1. youtube
    2. funnyjunk
    3. jokeroo
    4. supershare
    5. dekhona
    6. howcast
    7. metacafe

I know there are other websites out there but most of them will remove your video as it will be very promotional.

Important: Make sure to include the main website's url in the description tag. Make sure to give different titles and different descriptions on each websites.

STEP 4:
    I Uploaded the PDF you created to Scribd. Once uploaded, Save the URL somewhere. Remember to save all the Final Urls. Then ping the URL with the above mentioned services.

STEP 5:
    I Uploaded the Powerpoint Presentation to Slideshare. Again Ping the URL with the above websites.

STEP 6:
    I Took the 15 articles i created, hand spin them (Important dont use Replace everyone's favorite) Hand spin each sentence and each words. Then upload them to the following websites.

Squidoo, Hubpages, Weebly, Wikia, Wikispaces, Posterous, Tumblr, Wordpress, Blogspot, Zimbio, Skyrock, MyLivePage, Bukisa, Infobarrel, blog

Make sure to create the username as your keywords. Make sure to use different titles in each website but the title should somewhere have the Keywords.
    Embed the YouTube video somewhere in the website and give just one link to the main website with the keywords as the anchor text. Remember not to use the same anchor text.

STEP 7:
    I Ran a SENUKE Blast with : Article Directory, Social Network, Social Bookmarking and Indexer. Here use your own spinned articles. Do this manually even captcha. It will not take a lot of time.

STEP 8:
    While the blast is running, i take the final 15 URLs from the list on Step 6 and PING with the services mentioned above.

STEP 9:
    I collected all the final URLs along with my main website and Bookmarked them using Social Bookmarking Daemon. After that i pinged the URLs.

STEP 10:
    I Used Links2rss and generated a RSS feed of all the URLs i got above.

STEP 11:
    I Used Senuke to create a new RSS Feeds blast to all RSS Directories using the list from links2rss

All this was done on Day 1 for both the websites. It was slightly modified for the new domain.
    Google has already found the website but the rankings were in 300's

For days 2-7 I followed the Steps 6 - 11. No need to create new Videos for every day. But you have to make sure you finish everything in one day.

The Black Hat 30% :

I went ahead and scheduled 10 senukex blast every day for 7 days. Here is how i did.

1. For the main website i used the Full Monty template with some changes. As its a aged domain with lots of indexed pages, it is safe. I Scheduled 1 blast every day
    2. For the new website i used a kind of simple pyramid template and scheduled it to blast once every 2 days. So totally 3 times in the 7 days.
    3. I added few additional pinger and indexer projects.
    4. For contents i just used the inbuilt content generator with Thebestspinner API.

I have a dedicated computer running just for Senukex so it was just set and forget.

At the end of Day 7, Here are the rankings:

Main Website:

Category Name - 8
    "Category Name" - 3

New Website:

Category Name - 7
    "Category Name" - 1

The google dance was very prominent and some times i even went to page 60+ from page 2. I just did what i was doing and did not stop anything because of google dance. Always remember google dance is a good thing because google is deciding where to place you.. So if you stop what you were doing, it will place you in a very bad position.

This was done before 1 month and we already got about 6000 units sold via SEO. I am going to run this entire process again to improve its ranking.

Thanks for reading this and post any questions you have.. I will be glad to assist you.

ALWAYS REMEMBER : ITS NOT THE QUANTITY OF BACK LINKS ITS THE QUALITY OF THOSE LINKS THAT MATTERS.

socialmediaexperts, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  2. routinehabit

routinehabit Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for all that information, I'm actually going to give it a try for our products. I was taking notes until late yesterday, which was fine I understood all that you've done. This morning however I just started reading where I'd left off yesterday and my goodness, none of that stuff I've hardly ever heard of before, but hey if you say you've had 6years experience, I'll take your advice. I've had about 6months experience and it does take a long time to learn all the different tricks and what ever else to get up on the first page for your best keywords I'm sure. Well fingers crossed I'm going to give it a try, and I'll get back to you if I have problems.
    I'm just wondering what about back links, and because it's products is back links less important for getting up higher in the page rankings

routinehabit, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  3. tadsam12

tadsam12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice information thanks for sharing it

tadsam12, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  4. roman.sterly

roman.sterly Peon

Best Answers:
    ¨Could we see the site you did it on? Thanks

roman.sterly, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  5. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice. thank you for this information.. ill try this one in time.. :)

einstine, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  6. serankers

serankers Peon

Best Answers:
    You have spend some valid time for sharing this. It would be benefit for most of ours. Let me know your site.

serankers, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  7. Sept20

Sept20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for sharing this mate. These SEO tips will surely help me a lot.

Thanks once again,

Sept20, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  8. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using a CMS system to help implement your SEO strategies? Thats quite a bit of products

jvfconsulting, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  9. guitarizma

guitarizma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    An excellent post I must say. Kudos to you :)

guitarizma, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  10. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your success formula and I think you are doing some great jobs for your clients.Yeah it is important that you continue your link building job as it helps Google understand everything is going naturally.

shuvo, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  11. pageupseo

pageupseo Peon

Best Answers:
    What a great help - thank you for all your input...

pageupseo, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  12. seozcl

seozcl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    so long,but very good experience!Thanks for you sharing!

seozcl, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  13. CheapSEO

CheapSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is real seo process and it must for best result also.

CheapSEO, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  14. shanghoshal

shanghoshal Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi

just wanted to say thanks for such a great post. really good effort.. one question though, is there a alternative to senuke? the budget is really tight :-(

shanghoshal, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  15. marksz

marksz Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing

marksz, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  16. davidmethew

davidmethew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does these things really work After the Google Panda Update.
    After Panda Update I think many webmaster including me are facing low ecpm

davidmethew, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  17. roman.sterly

roman.sterly Peon

Best Answers:
    I would still like to see what website it was done on :) Otherwise great process

roman.sterly, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  18. MakeMoneyU2

MakeMoneyU2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. Good stuff

MakeMoneyU2, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  19. agoes182

agoes182 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, thanks for this info.

agoes182, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  20. gjivan

gjivan Active Member

Best Answers:
    unique and very productive post. Thank you for posting...!!!

gjivan, Oct 29, 2011 IP