1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cannot Move from PR1, but Alexa Rank is 500k

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vegasstrippers, Oct 11, 2011.

I have a website that currently gets an average of 500 unique visitors a day. It is ranked 1,600,000 globally and 500k in the USA - Alexa. I have quality backlinks, I regularly submit to article submission web sites and directories, and do social bookmarking galore. What is going on? The website has been around for 2 1/2 years and it still hasn't budged from PR1.

vegasstrippers, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  2. BluesFan

BluesFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Page Rank and Alexa are two totally different entities. Page Rank gets assigned sue to the quality of back links coming into your site whilst Alexa is based on traffic numbers collected from their browser toolbar (very unreliable). I personally don't use either metric as a mark of quality (Google don't update PR enough to deem it a worthy KPI) however if you want your PR to increase then think about getting some quality relevant links. Also build quality content that people will want to link to and use social networks to promote this.

Hope this helps

BluesFan, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  3. karunverma

karunverma Member

Best Answers:
    PR and Alexa are two distinct factors that represents two different aspects of your site. PR is based on quality backlinks and Alexa is based on traffic your site received. You cannot compare both of them. The matter is how much business you are generating with your website.

karunverma, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  4. agendapal

agendapal Peon

Best Answers:
    you can not get PR by making back links or any thing. Page rank is a google metric where Google gives some page rank to website and mostly to those websites which have good content on their websites. So add some good content, you will get high rankings. :) and page rank.

agendapal, Oct 13, 2011 IP