1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats with all the drop kicks ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by zinghana, Oct 13, 2011.

I have to ask... Whats with all the DROP KICKS / RETARDS running these auto blogs that suck content out of DP (not just DP tho)? I understand there are thousands of webmasters / amateur webmasters out there but really some of them should have been shot at birth !!!

What on earth do these morons have to gain from sucking content out of DP and publishing it on their sites ? i know the BST section of DP is mostly targeted but of late i am seeing just about all sections of DP ending up on other sites.. blatant copy and past jobs / auto blog crap, i mean they are not even attempting to re-write the content just simply pulling it from here and placing it on their sites.. what really shits me is some of their sites are actually getting good traffic from doing so, whats worse is the fact 99% of them are from the some country (I am not racist, i hate every equally so i wont say the exact country but it starts with "I" :rolleyes:)..

I can't see this form of crap helping DP out specially when none of these sites even give due credit to the original threads / original source site DP..

Surely.. Google would be able to sort this out by now.. like the original source site / first to post / publish should be given the priority in serp's ??

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    zinghana, Oct 13, 2011 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.
  2. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    I´m sick of seeing my original content plastered all over other people´s sites without them having the decency to at least acknowledge that it´s not really theirs. I´m looking for some way of getting back at them. And yeah, most of this crap behaviour seems to be centred around one country.

PaulSch, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  3. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    How does it belong to Suggestions and Feedback?

The Webby, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    We block quite a few of them, but as you said... there are thousands of them and new ones popping up every day. Thankfully, Google does know the difference, so...

The funny thing is that it's not even just posts/threads. There are hundreds of "webmaster forums" that think our success is somehow tied directly to our categories and descriptions. If they make them they same, they will get just as much traffic. :)

Google a section description that I wrote... :)

https://encrypted.google.com/search...t+does"+questions)+or+Google+search+results."

They are so blindly doing it, they don't even understand what the categories ARE... :) Here's one from the support forum of our co-op ad network:
    https://encrypted.google.com/search...ed+across+the+network).+Includes+setup+help."

...or our ISP billing/accounting software support forum... lol
    https://encrypted.google.com/search...ce+for+feature+requests+and+general+support."

digitalpoint, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  5. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i was going suggest creating a script to block this from happening.. but i guess it' not possible.

I was/am just appalled at how many sites were doing this and the fact some of them are ranking above DP is just stupid.

@Shawn wow that is crazy, the fact it's not even being re-written is a worry.. but what is worse is Google placing some of these 2 week old sites above DP for content the have simply stolen from here, you would think google could use some form of time stamp to help identify the original source and rank it accordingly.

zinghana, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've never seen any ranking higher, but then again I've never really looked too hard. Just never happened to notice any.

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  7. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People doing such stuff are desperately looking for money.

Cucumba123, Oct 14, 2011 IP