1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can somebody copy and paste my artcle too many times?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lapidus, Oct 10, 2011.

Ok i see if i put same article twice, example in article directory and in my website that is ok. But what will happend if somebody copy and paste that article and put on his website or whatever where he want. Then you have 3 copies of your own articles on net. And after that somebody can again copy that article and maybe make 10-20 copies.(duplicate)What happend then?
    Then search engines will see that article in example 10 copies(duplicate) on whole internet and put you in sandbox and consider like a spam. In this case search engines and spiders will not know that is your own article, or can know because you was post that article at first time?
    Is that correct?

lapidus, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  2. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:

No, that's not correct.

It isn't duplicate content at all - its syndicated content. More importantly, there is NO penalty for doing this. You won't be put in the sandbox (myth). Make sure that your article gets indexed first; when it appears somewhere else they will know that yours is the original. (Where possible, google preferes a link to the original in the syndicated copies but this isnt always possible).

lukeg32, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  3. pageupseo

pageupseo Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be against the rule of a search engine and I would advise you to stay away from them. Google could punish you.

pageupseo, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  4. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stay away from DUPE content. Writing one quality and useful content is way better compare to posting tons of crappy and dupe content.

JessieJames27, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  5. leilaleilei

leilaleilei Peon

Best Answers:
    It could somehow hurt your original site content. If you'll going to submit articles from another article directory site make sure that it is different from the article in your site. It may consider as duplicate content by search engine .

leilaleilei, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  6. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lukeg32 i was waiting this answer long time,thank you very much.

Now i can see if i write my own post on my website and wait to be indexed by Google, then Google will see that i am a first person who was write and in same time owner of that post. After that i not need to worried if somebody will copy my post somewhere on other site. Maybe that person if will copy my post from my website,and put on other site then he is in trouble if he not a link to the original in the syndicated copies,because i am already indexed like a owner of that article.(my original)

Thanks to all who was answered on my question. Digital point rocksss

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    lapidus, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  7. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is not content syndication, this is actually content scrapping or stealing.

This is the only reason for fall of article marketing practice after Panda update.

To avoid this, you must can insert a backlink (or may be hidden link, though this is against the policies)

Or, you can file a spam report against Google or file a DMCA report.

C.Rebecca, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  8. Matt_Baker

Matt_Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be better if you just SPIN your article many times. :)

Matt_Baker, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  9. Bekky

Bekky Peon

Best Answers:
    NO, Article should be posted in 25-30 websites only.
    if any site use any other article then they should keep their reference with canonical URL

Bekky, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  10. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, this is also wrong. By submitting articles to article directories you are bound to the the T&C of the directory; the whole point being you are allowing others to re-use your articles from the directory; I.E SYNDICATION.

Article marketing works just fine, as it did before and after panda.

lukeg32, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  11. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, like most of the other stuff here, wrong.

There is no limit to how many times it can be posted - this will be outside of your control due to SYNDICATION. Look at any news article; most of it is SYNDICATED from a single source, shared my most of the top news websites.

You might also want to read up on canonical URLs

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/02/specify-your-canonical.html

lukeg32, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  12. lapidus

Best Answers:
    Luke you rocks with answers. Tell me one more very important thing.

Luke, my site will have good traffic, and high page rank in some short time because post on my site is my original post from my head (not copy paste from other sites).

And what will happend with other sites who have Syndicated urls on their sites? Google,search engines ,spiders will not be good with that owner of site(i mean that site will not grow in PR and good backlinks, like my site with my original posts) because is Syndicate post (example from my site).

Please if you not undstend my question tell me i will repeat if i find other way to explain better. Thanks

lapidus, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  13. offshoredataentry

offshoredataentry Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    Unfortunately anyone can copy your article and post it. you cant do much about it. The only thing that you should see is that your article gets indexed first then the duplicate content.

offshoredataentry, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  14. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I have understood you correctly then its too hard to answer.

Firstly, you are doing the right thing by creating your own articles. "content is king" as a general rule of thumb is still spot on today. You mention growing in PR - this is almost meaningless so forget about it and just focus on where your site is in the SERPS, your visitors, bounce rate (if applicable) etc. Backlinks can be built manually to start with but will also come from your visitors if you stick with updating your site with good articles.

However, there is nothing wrong with using syndicated content to a certain extent - again - look at some of the big news sites, they do just fine with a mixture of their own and syndicated content. (you can always quote an article and add a spin to it for extra brownie points).

Then again - if a site is using ONLY syndicated (or scraped) content, then google generally does the right thing and pays next to no notice on them - this is why you should always stick well clear of "autoblogs" and the like.

If this isnt what you are asking, let me know or PM.

lukeg32, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  15. lapidus

Best Answers:
    Ok i got it Luke thanks. Tell me now this, what is better.
    Is better to submit my own articles to my website(which will be indexed by Google) or is better to post that article to example: (articlebase, ezinearticles etc.)

What is better of this two options which option is best for PR ,traffic, and everything what can bring visitors to my site, or this two options Google can only indexed and you not have a benefits from that.

lapidus, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  16. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally wrong. Ignore this.

PaulSch, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  17. mark santa

mark santa Peon

Best Answers:
    As per the latest algorithm..duplicate content will put your ranking down..

mark santa, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  18. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    If another website copies your article and passes it off as their own with no reference to you, then *they*, not you, will get penalized. This is granted that the original article was posted on your website first. This article on duplicate content and how Google deals with it would help.

affilorama, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  19. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not feel it would affect your site. You cannot control the activities of others on the net and so you cannot be held responsible for it also.

pradiprg, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  20. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having duplicate content on your site does not necessarily mean your raking will go down. It depends on how that duplicate content is posted and used on your site. You can read the Google's guidelines on duplicate content for more information.

affilorama, Oct 17, 2011 IP