1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Infolinks: The contest that never was!

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by JSheohard, Sep 28, 2011.

In case you didn’t know, Infolinks had an African Safari giveaway for anyone who would "Like" their Facebook page and has had at least one payout with them. Starting in March, the contest ended on June 25[SUP]th[/SUP] and the winner was supposed to be announced on June 30[SUP]th[/SUP].

A winner was ever announced and Infolinks tried to cover all their tracks by deleting blogposts, tweets and Facebook posts dealing with the contest. This is an incredibly stupid move for a leading Advertising network. Read more details about their scam on my blogpost.

JSheohard, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  2. rajeesh44

rajeesh44 Peon

Best Answers:
    This infolinks scam makes me very mad. I cant believe company like Infolinks would do this. If you do contest you must give the gift you promised.

rajeesh44, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  3. Infolinks Support Team

Infolinks Support Team Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, this is Tammy from Infolinks. I am glad to join this conversation to set the record straight. Yes, we did cancel the African Safari Giveaway regrettably. We were very psyched to launch this promotion, however the response we received from our publishers was dismal at best. Since we received a very small amount of entries, we took that as a signal that this isn't something our publishers want to join. I read your blog post, and yes we did garner a lot of "likes." However, "Liking" the blog post is not what it took to actually enter the contest and the number of entries we received did not compare in the slightest. We decided to focus our contests in a different direction that is more interesting to our publishers.

We did not "get all we had to gain, and then cancel the contest" like it says in your blog post. We wanted to send 2 publishers to Africa because it is a fantastic PR opportunity. That is why we launched it to begin with. But the lack of entries forced us to cancel.

Right now we are in the middle of another great giveaway for a brand new iPad. Check out our blog for more details: blog.infolinks.com.

There are MANY satisfied Fans who have received iPads, iPods, XBox, cash and other fantastic gifts via our awesome Facebook contests. We have a very active online community and we do these contests to show our appreciation to our dedicated publishers and keep them engaged.

Infolinks Support Team, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  4. jadams

jadams Guest

Best Answers:
    Yea these companies are all the same after the fact, that fact being they got caught out.

PR spin and excuses don't wash, and deleting posts only prove them as being ruthless and guilty.

A simple notification on their website or even Facebook that they messed up rather than attempt sweeping it under the carpet would of been more honest and professional.

jadams, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  5. SteveThinks

SteveThinks Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. The only thing more scammy than tammy is the RPCs they give us. RPCs so low it not even one cent. How you expect us to make money online on less than one cent. Infolinks sucks and I never gunna use them again.

SteveThinks, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  6. ndereef

ndereef Peon

Best Answers:
    How does an electronic device compare to an African Safari. I think the most professional thing to do would have been to send out a notice about the change due to low participation.

ndereef, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  7. JSheohard

JSheohard Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tammy, I appreciate you taking the time to address this issue but I’m not clear what you’re setting the record straight on. We can argue over how to gauge a successful promotion (for the record, the rules clearly stated Liking your Facebook page was part of entering the contest), but that’s completely beside the point. As jadams explained, you went out of your way to sweep the contest under the rug and instead of apologizing; you’re shamelessly trying to plug your new contest. Are you trying to suggest that because an iPad is a much smaller prize, there’s a better chance you’ll actually give one away? The bottom line is you’re not showing any accountability. If you need to cancel a contest, even if it’s a little bit embarrassing, you have to actually tell people about it.

JSheohard, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  8. ndereef

ndereef Peon

Best Answers:
    JSheohard, well said.

ndereef, Oct 10, 2011 IP