1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does auto blogs really earn a lot?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Technica, Sep 28, 2011.

Hi friends,

I wanted to know if the auto blogs really earn a lot?

Have you ever seen a autoblog earning $$$$ in a month through adsense?

Technica, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  2. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the kind of blog you have.

vna1611, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  3. walvin

walvin Peon

Best Answers:
    Drop about three $ and you're about right. The money is made in quantity AND quality. You can't just throw crap on them and expect big bucks....some bucks, but not big bucks. Plus you risk losing your adsense if you're just pulling off rss feeds. Build unique content and you can have your other three $ back :)

walvin, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  4. Technica

Technica Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it true that, sites that only pull RSS feed loose their adsense account? Does adsense does not allow rss feed content?

Technica, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  5. walvin

walvin Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense only allows their ads placed on sites with "substantial, quality, original content". Pulling content from rss feeds is the #1 way to get your adsense account banned foreveaaaa....

walvin, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  6. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They've said it right, that quality and value-added service really makes the difference. If you create a quality site, even if it is a re-syndication site, if it's helpful and pretty you will not have to worry about adsense or anything at all.

Autoblogs make good practice. Most fail. Professional sites win. It just takes a lot of practice and experience to know how to and be capable of making good quality automation sites.

I'm not even that good at it yet and I've been in the business for two years. But a lot of my customers have years experience under their belt, their conscience clear (a necessity imo) and they put in the hours to make beautiful sites.

Even if you are not looking to go beautiful and make headlines or headlines+commentary type sites, with a good seo strategy (keyword research, onpage optimization, and backlinks) you can make low(er) quality automation sites based on articles and mashups and still get them to turn a profit.

But there is no set and forget without research, planning, and other strategy going into the site before hand. Some professionals might say that it can be easier than that... but that's why they are professionals; they've build many sites, are used to profit, and know how to do it right very quickly.

Anyway whatever you do will be great practice!

adbox, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  7. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    Autoblogs are definitely on the way out and I'd consider starting one to be a big risk. Your adsense account could be in jeopardy and Google organic search is trying as hard as it can to banish these from the SERPs. While you still might be able to rank one today, it's not a good long-term strategy by a longshot.

ajwalsh, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  8. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that in the short term 'maybe' they could earn some decent revenue but in the long term 'no way' as the big 'G' will find out in the end and stop it.

Mega B, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  9. ajaykumar9887

ajaykumar9887 Member

Best Answers:
    no,auto blogs cannot earn money equal to a manully created blog

ajaykumar9887, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  10. seocoast

seocoast Peon

Best Answers:
    making big money with auto blogs is just an illusion created by some people to take advantage of other people who wants to make money online the quicker way. They tell lies that they make money thru auto blogs but the truth is that they make money thru selling ebooks that tell lies about auto blogs.

seocoast, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  11. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dude that's brutal and just not true. It is true that 80%+ of the people who try automation strategies do not succeed, but this is because of personal strategy and lack of professionalism and understanding.

I've customers that will make 70 a month from one site created with automation tools, and some that will make upwards to 120 from one site. I even have one site that makes 20-60 a month and that is my only site based on automation that makes money. But all my time goes into developing tools and supporting them and their websites rather than using the tools to make attempts at building sites.

I've probably built 9 or 10 sites that have never made a dime.

Mike Johnson of The Autoblog Blueprint was so good at automation and understood how to build quality niche targeted sites in areas he could compete in that he was making well over 10,000 a month (He claimed 30k and I believe he might have made that much at one time.) He's a family to feed and he was making good money before he opened his educational program. Which still is a solid program.

I've another customer that paid me 300 for the first month and then 150 each month after that to help him setup one of his automated projects he had been planning out. It was a pure headlines news automation model. The theme looked fantastic, the market was popular. He used Twitter to build a 70K+ following to support his site's traffic. That site (which could for all intent and purpouses be considered an autoblog) went so well that he hired me again at the same prices to setup the automation of a new site. Granted, he is a site building genius. Way more experienced than me and I'm not sure I could replicate his model without someone helping me. But that goes to show you that site-building, automation or not, is fully dependent on the builder's leadership, vision, and experience. And not every person has these things to begin with.

Give up that false idea that developers like myself have created a lie to take advantage of people. It's true there is a lot of hype around 'autoblogging' and most have a bent or partially formed idea of it, and what most people think about it immediately are bad ideas that if put into practice probably would not work... but I don't prize the trendy concept 'autoblogging' other than the fact it's a search term I can target to better sell my software to those looking for solutions; it's all automation to me. Automation as a concept has always been around and will always be around. Quick cash does not happen. Yes you can make money, but like with anything, it takes tact and experience. That is the same with any money making model.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    adbox, Oct 9, 2011 IP
    TravelTom likes this.
  12. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    The real question is: have YOU ever read any auto blogs? And if yes, how much time did you actually spend reading them?

Answers to these questions will tell you how much, if anything at all, auto blogs earn.

Chrissy17, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  13. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think out side the box. Autoblog yes can make your nice income, but don't see only the blogs, see all from different point of views.

karmaseo, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  14. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can earn from autobloggging but like with any endeavor online, you still need to pick the niche you'll be going into as well as work on the site's SEO. Also, like with any other site, any site you build needs to give value to your visitors, otherwise, you won't be able to make a sale. Worse, Google might penalize you. They are not into autoblogging sites.

affilorama, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  15. b2tang

b2tang Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique and original content is the only good method for your adsense I think.

b2tang, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  16. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get really annoyed with autoblogging sites that seem to think they can just take people's content and use it on their own site. It takes a lot of effort to write engaging content and it makes me so angry when an autoblog just takes it and uses it as they please. If you want to make money online take the time and effort to actually write something, not just steal!

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  17. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That was a lame practice. A lot of people got in legal trouble for that. It's not as widespread anymore.

adbox, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  18. sebastian12

sebastian12 Member

Best Answers:
    auto blogs I would steer clear from they are on their way out and I have seen a few people get sandboxed for the auto commenting rubbish and as blog owner that stuff is really annoying

sebastian12, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  19. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    There will always be those who are out to make a quick buck. I think that's how autoblogging was discovered. :) But kidding aside, this is just anther way to make easy money online. Easy come, easy go though. With all the changes that Google is making to ensure quality search results, autoblogging will soon see the end of its days.

affilorama, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  20. borgy

borgy Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think original content is the best method to gain some money. autoblog means banned from adsense and search engines.

borgy, Oct 20, 2011 IP