1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP Content auto-spinner

Discussion in 'PHP' started by kwiatek, Oct 6, 2011.

We all know that article spinners work but require a lot of preparation, like marking the words to spin and selecting the replacements. I am looking for good PHP source code or just work in progress for a spinner that does all of this automatically and still produces a reasonable output. I presume some serious text processing, maybe analogous to Python's NLTK will be required. Or ... maybe someone will tell me that this just impossible in 2011.

kwiatek, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  2. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's certainly possible to do with PHP, but it'd take a bit of work because you'd have to build up a dictionary and recognize sentence patterns and its all annoyingly complex. Though theoretically, a very basic article spinner could be made just using str_replace() on 2 arrays.

If you are more competent in Python and have a general idea where to go with it, maybe write it in Python?

blueparukia, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  3. kwiatek

kwiatek Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I am not a Python developer, I just know that Python has quite good Natural Language Processing libraries (NLTK library).

kwiatek, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  4. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The dictionary is the hardest part to get right with this kind of thing. You'd be best off integrating an API for a spinner instead. The Spinchimp API is due out in a week or less

jimmyrose, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  5. kwiatek

kwiatek Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know anything about the synonym dictionary for sale at odditysoftware.com? I am curious if the synonyms they have are good for all contexts.

kwiatek, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  6. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As an alternative if your wanting to create your own synlib for php wiki media has api access (here) and a memory dump (here) and (here) for creating you own db.

:cool:

ROOFIS, Oct 12, 2011 IP