1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using subdomains to generate search phrases within domain - how to make

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by crodex, Oct 7, 2011.

I am just learning so here is my question. I read somewhere that it is better to have keywords in subdomain than in plain link.
    For example: rap.music-download.com is better then music-download.com/rep

I have good domain name in my language and I could use subdomains to get around 50 search terms.

How to do that and is that a good idea?

I have idea to use Wordpress Multisite option to have subdomains with at least one web page (wordpress post). Is there other way?

Thank you in forward

crodex, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  2. noahqw

noahqw Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Google places more weight into the keywords found in a subdomain and domain compared to the keywords found in a file's name (webpage). If you're asking on how to create subdomains you should contact your webhost because every webhost has different steps of doing so. Hopes this help man!

noahqw, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  3. anup.mahajan

anup.mahajan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes its a good idea to have subdomains if your site has large number of categories. Regarding how to do that, login into your cpanel and check out the Domain section..you should see a add subdomain link which you can use to add subdomains to your site. If your web hosting provider doesn't support cpanel then see the documentation or contact them on how to add subdomains

Regards,

anup.mahajan, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  4. crodex

crodex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know how to set-up subdomains in cPanel. I am wondering what system to use to make pages on those subdomains. I could make forwarding from those subdomains to page within site but I suppose that is not enough. I don't know what CMS would be good to use to make content on every subdomains.

I googled for instructions how to use existing Wordpress content on subdomains but could not find anything usefull.

This is what I what to do this
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/linking-a-subdomain-to-a-page-on-my-wordpress-blog
    http://www.bluehostforum.com/showthread.php?16569-Help-needed-How-to-link-subdomain-to-page

I added subdomain that is pointing to a category page but I get error too.

crodex, Oct 8, 2011 IP