1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Video game forum earning $5,000+/year... zero effort so far

Discussion in 'Sites' started by arkueckelhan, Oct 5, 2011.

This is not a certain sale, I am simply looking to gauge the response I get and consider any offers that come. I actually really enjoy this website and wish to keep it but would like to consider some offers since I just have too much on my plate to realize the potential the site has.

Site has over 1,600 visitors/day and 5400 pageviews. 9+ year old domain name with tons of well placed (and aged) links for the main keyword that is about to see a huge traffic boost. [Boost will come from the pre-release and release of a video game the forum is centered around]. Historically forums I have worked on like this see 300% traffic increase 9 weeks from release and then hold that level of traffic for atleast 3 months. The site would see massive gains from getting a lot of links out there to the site but I just don't have time now.

80k members to the forum (majority are dormant for now), mailing list alone is worth thousands though.
    140k-200k pages indexed in google.

Currently earning:
    $75/month - adsense
    $312.50/month from links (conservative and related to the site)(have several more interested in doing so if you wish)
    $40/month bottom ad [have not placed the ad but have many contacts wishing to do so, simply haven't taken the time]

That revenue is from the forum running without any work or promotion at all. Never visit the site but leave it up, and revenue will continue for years (it has for 9 years!).

Like I said, not certain on selling, just considering offers. Serious offers and inquires only (the site earns over $5k/year so don't waste my time with anything under annual income).

PM me for url. Do not bother my community. If you are a serious buyer I can validate ownership initially by sending you a PM from admin account, but serious buyers should know the value of the site without requesting 1,000 reports before hinting at their interest. Obviously further proof of ownership would be shown before any transaction... THIS IS NOT A FOR-CERTAIN SALE

arkueckelhan, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  2. Master Directory

Master Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    i suggest

- give url
    - stats
    - price u want

so people can know

Master Directory, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  3. liovvoil

liovvoil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Send details by PM

liovvoil, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  4. Iron Hide

Iron Hide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Send me the url ...

Thanks

Iron Hide, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  5. eminidaytrader

eminidaytrader Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    requesting url pm me

eminidaytrader, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  6. modrewgnu

modrewgnu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 8
    I sent you a pm. I am interested.

modrewgnu, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  7. arkueckelhan

arkueckelhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Replied to all PMs received so far. Thank you all for your interest.

But many people have not fully read the original post before PMing me, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST

arkueckelhan, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  8. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Which forum script is this using? Please link me to the forum and the admin profile as well.

Do you sell links directly or through a broker/service?

Scriptona, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  9. arkueckelhan

arkueckelhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    uses vbulletin. Buyer would get the license as well as the Vbseo license. Vbulletin is installed at version 3.8.5 but have the latest vbulletin 4 license, just havent installed yet.

links are sold directly, I do not trust brokers and feel that most would be found out by google very quickly

arkueckelhan, Oct 7, 2011 IP