1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with my new 'unique' blog

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by adamgt, Oct 4, 2011.

I have had the site running now for about 3 weeks, its going ok, but I really need to ramp up the traffic to it, problem is I need ways that wont take masses ammounts of time such as article submissions, as my posts take me a long time due to the drawings, so any tips for getting backlinks and some traffic from you guys would be great thank you in advance

Adam

p.s site is in my signature if you fancy a look, but be warned if your of a sensitive nature or are easily tripped out by weird pictures lol

adamgt, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  2. namnek

namnek Member

Best Answers:
    I would try finding other blogs that are similar to yours, posts on theirs and build a mutual relationship so you can swap links.

namnek, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  3. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to get your content seen on social media. Lots of weird stuff gets popular there. But you need to build relationships with some popular social media users first or else your content probably won't go anywhere when submitted.

MTbiker, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  4. adamgt

adamgt Guest

Best Answers:
    cool thanks for the advice! :)

adamgt, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  5. pageupseo

pageupseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should need to take a participation in social networking sites (facebook, twitter, myspace, linkedin etc...) and do comments on relevant blogs.

pageupseo, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  6. umar78

umar78 Peon

Best Answers:
    your content probably won't go anywhere when submitted.

umar78, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  7. MTbiker

Best Answers:
    Wow, I can see you came up with that all on your own, and certainly didn't copy part of my post above! Congratulations, you are really going far in life... :rolleyes:

Back to Adam. Find some sites with similar humor. Maybe something like theoatmeal.com but funky like your site. See who is following that webmaster on Twitter, who stumbles their content, etc. Right there you have a list of people to network with, who you can eventually enlist to help your content get popular. (Only submit your best work to social media sites though.)

You could also hire someone from B/S/T to submit your site to directories and spin some articles to submit to article directories. Just to get the ball rolling in terms of links.

MTbiker, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  8. nicmax13

nicmax13 Peon

Best Answers:
    participate in forums, blogs, or anywhere where you can join a community where your topic belong to. be creative in directing the people to your website. you can either put the link in your signature or as a source or as a reference, etc.

nicmax13, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  9. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting website. :) You may want to change how the articles start though (They all start with Tweet and I think this is because you tweet your posts each time you publish them). Maybe tweak whatever plugin you're using so each article won't start that way. Social media sites like FB, Tweeter, Plurk, etc are great in promoting websites like yours. You might also want to try DeviantArt and similar sites. They feature artists and they have a forum where you can participate in and get a link back to your site.

affilorama, Oct 6, 2011 IP
    MTbiker likes this.
  10. MTbiker

Best Answers:
    Great advice right here!

MTbiker, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  11. DominiquePrentiss

DominiquePrentiss Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people forget about Blog Carnivals, but they can be extremely useful and bring you plenty of targeted traffic. You may want to give it try to see if you get better results.

DominiquePrentiss, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  12. kengperapol

kengperapol Member

Best Answers:
    You could use ping.fm

kengperapol, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  13. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that places like Devianart is a great oportunity to promote something when you are an artist, you can use their popularity to make your own. Try to make some arts for other websites then maybe they will link back to you. You can even try with other niches.

adbash, Oct 6, 2011 IP