1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we track sales made through AdWords?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Idiot Inside, Oct 5, 2011.

Hi everybody,

I sell tangible products on my website and recently started using AdWords. Is it possible to track the sales which are made through AdWords campaign? I need to track in order to make sure I get positive ROI. Website also get search engine and referral traffic.

Can Analytics or AdWords itself help in that? If yes, how?

Thanks for reading :)

Idiot Inside, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  2. makbradson

makbradson Peon

Best Answers:
    You can track the sale through Conversion options available in Google Adwords. First, you have to decide what you are selling for ex. selling products, download forms, fill the forms etc. From conversion options you have to take code and paste that code into final page such as thank you or confirmation page.

makbradson, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  3. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    makbradson, I am selling products and through paypal.

If I paste the conversion code on final page, how would I know which campaign or keyword caused the sale?

Idiot Inside, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In PayPal, you set it to return the buyer back to your "thank you" page once the transaction is over. You put your conversion tracking code on that page. When a sale occurs - or whatever kind of conversion you are tracking - it will show in your Adwords account down to the ad and keyword levels. There's no better, simpler way to track conversions.

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 6, 2011 IP