1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone an expert with IFrames and SEO?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by james00bond00, Sep 20, 2011.

hey guys,

Ok so i have a question on Iframes and SEO. I've done some research and have found that some say iframes are bad for seo, yet others say that iframes dont effect seo. I dont want my iframes to be indexed at all by google, yet i cant block the entire page the iframes are on, because i have a large article that is very useful content (the iframe appears below the article).

I want to know does Iframes hurt seo? And if so, is there anyway i can prevent google from seeing the iframe and indexing the content that is in the iframe (the external website)? Any experts here know anything about this?

james00bond00, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  2. webscrollinfosystems

webscrollinfosystems Peon

Best Answers:
    yes iframes has a bad effect on seo. if u really want to promote your website..it's better to have a website without iframes and popups

webscrollinfosystems, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  3. reivand

reivand Peon

Best Answers:
    Iframe is not that bad actually...

*iframe is not recognize the attribute rel="nofollow" but you can hide that with the use of some javascript and place the iframe code on the page. First pass the html through javascript escape () function then copy and paste that into the javascript code and do not forget that you have to make sure that it is still recognized as an url.

<script type="text/javascript">
    document.write( unescape('your%20escaped%20html%20code') );
    </script>

*OR you can forget all that and just focus on your content and on page SEO, if your article has an original content, easier to read, and SEO optimize. I am pretty sure it will not affecting your website that much...i know because I've been using iframe all this time..it's entirely up to you.

Peace..

reivand, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  4. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Search engine can't crawl iframed contents.

pupul, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  5. james00bond00

james00bond00 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks reivand. And yes pupul, iframes cant be crawled, which is ok for me.

james00bond00, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  6. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The onlу real problem wіth iframes iѕ related to how thеy function when viewed on mobile devices. Many devices dоn't handle thеm tоо well, sо bеst tо avoid thеm іf уоur site іѕ aimed at the mobile market. However, iframes arе usеful for keeping sites lean аnd mean, and are verу uѕеful for creating galleries wherе flash isn't desirable. As long аѕ therе аre links to thе pages уоu display іn iframes, search engines will pick up the links and index thoѕe pages.

Guisbar, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  7. reivand

reivand Peon

Best Answers:
    you're welcome :)

reivand, Oct 2, 2011 IP