1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web business for sale

Discussion in 'Sites' started by articlesandcontent, May 6, 2005.

Greetings:
    I am selling my web business. Please refer to this thread:http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=15496
    for ifno as to reason I am selling, stats and income stats.
    Bidding lasts one week frm now and starts at $15000
    I will settle the BIN for $19000
    Feel free to post your questions
    Vera

articlesandcontent, May 6, 2005 IP
    Epica likes this.
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are hoping for a leap of faith here. If you want that kind of money, you are going to need to disclose more about the business up front. For instance - what is it's name? Where is it incorporated? etc.

nevetS, May 6, 2005 IP
  3. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    19k is hell lota money!

Imran, May 6, 2005 IP
  4. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    dct, May 6, 2005 IP
  5. articlesandcontent

articlesandcontent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If anyone needs any information about this site, feel free to ask it. I am pasting the info from the other thread:
    Greetings:
    I have been diagnosed a serious disease and I will have to change many things in my life style. Accordingly, I will have to make a series of treatments and so on so I am forced to sell my business.
    I want to thank all who helped me and with whom I made a friendship connection.
    My business is content providing. I provide original web content and e-book ghostwriting services as well as copywriting.
    My address www.articlesandcontent.com and my traffic stats:

Monthly Statistics for April 2005

Total Hits 49148
    Total Files 23781
    Total Pages 3115
    Total Visits 1084
    Total KBytes 163860

Total Unique Sites 889
    Total Unique URLs 259
    Total Unique Referrers 167
    Total Unique Usernames 1
    Total Unique User Agents 220

. Avg Max

Hits per Hour 81 1042
    Hits per Day 1965 8390
    Files per Day 951 4072
    Pages per Day 124 440
    Visits per Day 43 148
    KBytes per Day 6554 27365

Hits by Response Code

Code 200 - OK 23781
    Code 206 - Partial Content 34
    Code 301 - Moved Permanently 6
    Code 302 - Found 22
    Code 304 - Not Modified 4901
    Code 401 - Unauthorized 46
    Code 404 - Not Found 20358

My revenue:
    I made around $1500 in the month of April, after paying all my writers ( they are seven) . I do not pay hosting- I have an agreement with my host.I just had my site redesigned and I also barter with my web designer. I am providing him also with original content for free.
    In twelve months you could have $ 18.000 and remember, this is only a new business and I am already making a good amount. I am also selling my list of clients, I have several regular clients-mostly Sao’s and web marketers have a client that makes me $500 orders once every two weeks, the least. I can show proof of payments received and sent (from me to my writers).
    I am signing up for adsense before I sell it, so the buyer will also have an extra revenue income.
    Thank you

articlesandcontent, May 6, 2005 IP
  6. toddieg

toddieg Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    a PR0 site (granted you do have a nice chunk of traffic) for $19K? you must be out of your mind.

I'll start the bidding at $100 :D

toddieg, May 6, 2005 IP
  7. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

This is not just a website for sale it is an actual established business. The seller has already turned down an offer for over $10,000.

FTEGal, May 6, 2005 IP
  8. toddieg

toddieg Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ok, my bad then.

toddieg, May 6, 2005 IP
  9. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Damn it man, you can't sell that business. You're high up on my list of people to use for articles as soon as my budget allows.

jlawrence, May 6, 2005 IP
  10. articlesandcontent

articlesandcontent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey, please feel free to continue using articlesandcontent for your content needs. My AWSOME writers are staying on board :)
    I have not received any bid so far.I guess I am lowering the starting bid to $10.500.
    Once again: I am not selling a website, I am selling a business.
    Thank you all for your support.
    This bid lasts till next friday.

articlesandcontent, May 7, 2005 IP
  11. articlesandcontent

articlesandcontent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Bidding starts at $10500
    Thanks
    Vera

articlesandcontent, May 7, 2005 IP
  12. tradefor

tradefor Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First though let me say that I am sorry to hear of your illness.
    In terms of buying the site, I am afraid I am just a looky-loo; new web publisher and new forum member myself. :D However, like some others here no doubt, I have been involved with buying and selling businesses, so maybe I can contribute something ...?
    At the risk these points are so obvious that they have been assumed away already:
    1. This is a business selling intangibles - intellectual property (the articles / content). So that like an Advertising business or an Investment Banking business most of its assets (the contracted (?) writers) metaphorically come in the morning with their coffees, and leave that night to go home.
    Typically, I believe, for such businesses the deal is structured as an earn-out rather than an all-cash deal; with only, say, 20-50% down, and the balance payable by the acquirer contingent on the business meeting profit milestones.
    Usually too in such deals, the former owner is retained as a consultant for at least several months, at a negotiated salary or fee. That might help you take some of the stress out of running it day to day, but you should accept that it is going to have to be a real commitment to help the new owner, otherwise the deal will fall apart.
    You'll obviously need to check the bona fides of your Buyer very, very carefully in an earn-out deal; something you don't need to worry about in an all-cash deal. However, an earn-out structured deal should help you achieve a better overall price for the business than a cash sale.
    2. I would suggest that you put up more sample articles - maybe one from each writer?.
    3. I suggest that you, if possible and with the agreement of your clients, show your content in the context of their websites.
    4. Testimonials would be nice.
    5. The amount of repeat business compared to one-off sales matters a great deal to the price the business will command.
    6. The importance of the largest single client as a % of overall sales is going to influence the price you get for the business - obviously the more diversified your client base, the higher the price for the business.
    7. A buyer is going to need information about how your pricing fits in with your competition's, as well as just who are the competition.
    8. Its a bit late now, but you also might want to request that any requests for further information be handled by PMs, rather than in the open forum, because a business often suffers when it is known to be for sale.
    I hope it goes well for you! :)

tradefor, May 7, 2005 IP
  13. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have made one order from articlesandcontent and will likely make more in the future. I would say that this business has earned itself a good reputation though i don't know how far it has reached.

I have been fueling my stock blog mostly with articles from these guys if you care to take a look at some of their work: www.stock-market-idea.com

jim, May 8, 2005 IP