1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you get banned by google for mass backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Asif Sheeraz, Sep 26, 2011.

I outsourced a blog comment package for 10k comments, i broke these into rss feeds and pinged them all. I have 4k of them showing in yahoo explorer now as backlinks to my website.

Does google ban sites for this type of thing? If so, do they ban the site in question or will they also ban your entire network of sites? I ask because i read horror stories and some people blame mass backlinks on it.

What about the accusation that google banning for these things is a myth because you can easily do it to your competition?

P.S. I have yet to see any movement up or down a single position in the rankings after 3 weeks of having these 4k backlinks indexed.

Asif Sheeraz, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  2. integryinline

integryinline Peon

Best Answers:
    juice link is not good for our site..

integryinline, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  3. Chumm

Chumm Peon

Best Answers:
    How good are the blogs? How high PR?

If they are just link farms, autoblogs, article spinning blogs, etc then they will do you no good.

Chumm, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  4. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah sometime google penalize blackhat techniques to get more back links.

wildogre, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  5. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google hаs аlwаyѕ been verу rigorous abоut the backlinks frоm unwanted оr vicious sites аnd it dеfinitеly punishes the sites with backlinks from ѕuch sites. Though, it'ѕ nоt easy fоr аnyonе tо generate backlinks from vicious sites for your website, it сan be dоne with a few blackhat techniques.

Sometimes, еvеn thе good backlinks саn hаve а negative effect on уour website. For example, if yоu generate оnlу 10 backlinks frоm directories оn a daily basis and your competitor usеѕ ѕome applications or manually gets morе thаn 3000 backlinks frоm directories for yоur website in а day, this will be noticed bу Google and сan hаve а negative effect оn yоur website.

Guisbar, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  6. jake321

jake321 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google makes allowances for the possibilities of competitors sabotaging your site with paid links from bad neighborhoods, consequently, as I understand, they will just discredit suspicious or proven paid links.

What can get your site in trouble is putting something in your site that is evidence of your participating in shady link getting, like a special script for automated link exchanges.

Some SEOs who don't worry about link volume are more concerned about maintaining a regular rate for link getting, try to avoid surges of new links.

Conservative SEOs will advice you to add links at a slower rate to a new site, perhaps less than 3 months old, this probably comes out of the general philosophy of looking 'natural' in your link getting.

jake321, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  7. Debris

Debris Peon

Best Answers:
    often now if you get too many links at once google simple won't credit you with them all the juice . also there is the time it takes them to index the links to consider. I would Give it a little more time add some content perhaps add a small amount of a different type of link then see what happens to your ranking just to make sure you aren't sandboxed...:(

Debris, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  8. rovshan1

rovshan1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not know whether you or your competitors built those backlinks, I would not expect penalties.

However, if you created backlink rss feeds on 1 site and pinged them all, this is very bad, now it knows there is only 1 author of those backlinks, most likely, Google will ignore all the backlinks.

rovshan1, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  9. blvd

blvd Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly this. Google will never penalize a site just because it has got lots of links in a short amount of time. It can happen and often happens naturally.

What they can, and do, penalize is things like combining all those links to same place and pinging that. It leaves a giant footprint for Google.

blvd, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  10. ginap

ginap Peon

Best Answers:
    never make lins to your links - that is asking for trouble, when you pinged 10k comments it is highly unnatural, and yes google will ban you if they thing you are manipulating / faking backlinks - read the webmaster guidelines and youll see...

but yea - pinging your links is areal bad idea. dont do it next time, you paid for your comments and if they aint good enough to get indexed then what is acrappy ping going to do other than ping directly to google itsself - worrying idea that.

ginap, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  11. ginap

ginap Peon

Best Answers:
    never make links to your links - that is asking for trouble, when you pinged 10k comments it is highly unnatural, and yes google will ban you if they thing you are manipulating / faking backlinks - read the webmaster guidelines and youll see...

but yea - pinging your links is areal bad idea. dont do it next time, you paid for your comments and if they aint good enough to get indexed then what is a crappy ping going to do other than ping directly to google itself - worrying idea that. comments and esp spam comments like 10k of them - no way is that natural man, you needed to deply 10k over like 1 year, not over night.

ginap, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  12. waller540

waller540 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's so hard to say as it varies from site to site. Google expects to see a number of 'poor' links to your site and the fact that competitors could spam links to your site means that it is very, very hard to get banned that way. That being said some sort of 'sandbox' penalty is likely if google sees a large unnatural fluctuation of links. Steady and consistent - thats my motto!

waller540, Oct 4, 2011 IP