1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New domain or build it into existing domain

Discussion in 'Google' started by Markthh, Sep 30, 2011.

Hello.

We have a small dilema which I am hoping we can find an answer too.

We have an existing domain www.thailandholidayhomes.co.uk which has age and yeilds us 17k visitors per month.
    It is used to promote Villa Rentals

We are now setting up a new website to sell villas.

Should we keep it withing our current domain with access via the menu or put it into its own domain www.propertydeals.com

You suggestions would be much appreciated.

Markthh, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  2. danielwood

danielwood Member

Best Answers:
    I think adding it into your existing well-established domain would be a better idea as you would get benefit of your previous work done. To capture your visitor's attention, initially you could promote the page with the help of a banner ad in the prominent areas of your website.

Promoting an altogether new domain would need more time and efforts. and when both the projects have same theme (Thailand villas), i think it would be better to take some benefit from your previous hard work.

danielwood, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  3. Tecca

Tecca Peon

Best Answers:
    Simply set a redirect from your old domain to your new one.

Tecca, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  4. aileenwuornos

aileenwuornos Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me if you can add a new page to your existing website then its east to get ranking rather then creating a new domain

aileenwuornos, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  5. thehons

thehons Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to decide which site is more important to you. If it is the new one, just put it on the old domain and move the old site to a menu/directory. You will keep the current content on your old domain, but you will have the new site there as well and you will use all the links/ strength you have so far.

thehons, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  6. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having started a site on an existing domain and then moved it to a new domain later with a world of pain that I'm STILL trying to get past, I'd highly recommend starting on a clean domain. Google still thinks I have duplicate content between the original and moved sites and it is surprisingly hard to get google to let go of the original site. Redirects sure don't do it.

Google likes single-purpose websites anyway. You can still link to it from your original site, but put the content on a new domain.

RumpledElf, Oct 7, 2011 IP