1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you feel about religion? What are your views?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by cazort, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a funny video. It immediately reminded me of this story.

Obamanation, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

Interesting. Just "Google newsed" atheists ground zero

and most results are about it.

Then tried atheists ground zero mosque

and no results in regards to atheists having an issue with that.

Yup! Same thing.

Blogmaster, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    At the same time you would think that an organization like PETA would have issues with the way kosher or halal food is being prepared and how animals are being bled to death while alive. After all, PETA is now claiming to "go all the way" for the animals.

So let's see:

PETA kosher

0 results

PETA halal

2 results. One has been removed (I wonder why).

The other is in German, but PETA doesn't HQ there.

So obviously organized animal rights groups will not touch animal cruelty if it's justified by religion.

One of the articles popping up for the link of the removed article mentions Michigan. Could it have been the Deerborn area?

Again: Not too much to do with religion, yet demonstrates the social power religion has when organized and executed in a "Give me my rights" ways.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it doesn't state what exactly I believe in, because there is nothing so far to believe in, we can only assume at this time.
    How universe was created, how we came to this earth, how things unfolded.. These are loaded questions, and unfortunately no body has an exact answer..
    But If you do not have an answer doesn't mean you gotta make up something to believe in. Why can't we simply search for the answers without 'believing' in an assumption?

By comparing atheism with a box..

If we are to simply assume, then make up any alternative, lets say its three headed clown monster..

But if we are to seek the truth, then there is no need for alternative, We have yet to find the real cause..
    We don't need to assume an alternative for another assumption.

That's funny mate.. Show evidence of what? That the God is not real? It's pretty absurd to ask to prove that something doesn't exist.

If you wanna find the evidence, they are staring right at your face.. The problem is people don't wanna see them. So no matter what you tell them, unless they are ready to accept the reasoning that goes against their faith, they won't accept it.

It's his thinking, I have yet to see 'organised' atheism.. It is something he made up to cover his hatred for Islam.
    An atheist doesn't single out one religion to bash. despite not believing in any religion, I don't accept blanket bashing of a religious group. either you don't bash someone, or you don't talk about freedom.
    Its hypocrisy to bash a religion, and then talk about freedom in the same line.

I believe in finding the truth.. Which no one has found yet..

The Webby, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Best Answers:

We cannot really find the truth while talking about belief. I agree with that. But to me freedom means being allowed to make fun of something. It may not be morally acceptable to some, but why is it acceptable to make fun of one belief (e.g. Scientology), but not another (Christianity).

I don't consider it bashing. I consider it comic relief which is better than going the other route and using violence against those who believe in something we don't.

No, we do not have an answer to most issues. But I do believe we can get closer to answers.

But it seems everywhere we go, political correctness gets us sidetracked into the usual discussions what we should and what we shouldn't teach or discuss rather than just going ahead and discussing things.

Of course, the media and an underfunded education system contribute greatly to the same old rhetoric which divides people to where those discussions are not likely to take place.

In the past 3 months I have learned more than ever before about evolution for example, but it took me to do the research on my own instead of waiting for others to send it my way.

One of my favorite sayings is "Don't hate the media, be the media". Basically whenever there is a channel misrepresenting what I don't concur with, I pick up the ball and state what I find out that others will not discuss, even though enough evidence calls for it becoming public.

Any label is IMO divisive and leads to interrupting the natural flow of communication.

Organized atheism is alive and well:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...gc.r_pw.&fp=2958b13a5888e791&biw=1280&bih=666

Like it or not, but those are the people that represent you in the eyes of the masses who get their information from the media.

As Obamanation has pointed out by posting the article, everything organized turns political. Anything labelled turns organized.

Why not just call yourself nothing and be a human being disregarding teachings you have considered wrong and focus on learning whatever we can.

And btw. if you cannot prove god then we cannot disprove god or a higher power either.

6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is that the atheist group will scream and kick at Christianity all day and night but when it comes to Islam they all poop in their pants and go home . Only the anonymous Internet tough guys remain .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Very true. They should rename themselves to "No more Christianity" or something more similar to their cause.

8. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Comic relief is fine, I do have my own comic relieves while arguing against the likes of IsraeI.. But hatred doesn't bring any comic relief.
    Making fun of a particular belief is fine, if thats what makes you happy.. But blanket bashing a group is not.

I believe we can get the exact answer in due time with proper efforts.

I don't give a rat's ass to political correctness.. I'm not afraid to speak my mind.. I'll tell you on face what I think.. But I'm able to do so without spewing hate..
    I treat Christians, Muslims or Hindus alike, with respect, unless the try to preach to me.. If then I'm as polite as I can be.. I do laugh my ass off on their beliefs in fairy-tales, but hey that's the choice they made, and they are free to do so.

So is three headed clown monster -
    http://www.google.com/search?source...biw=1600&bih=799&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&cad=b

I don't care.. People are free to think and generalize stuffs as they see fit.. I judge on individual merit, I guess that's what sets me apart from masses

True, and we can not disprove Santa Clause or tooth fairy either..

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
    The Webby, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  9. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A more suited name would be something like - we hate God because :
    - He doesn't answer my wining
    - because His church doesn't encourage me to eat meat 24/7 , have sex with 7 hookers , doesn't applaud me drink/drug my life away
    - God doesn't exist cuz i had to many abortions and it looks to me like I'd go to hell anyway

A good subtitle to that motto would be Allah is an exception cuz if I don't say so my Muslim neighbor might skin me . Also we don't care about the Buddhists since they don't try to tell us not to be stupid .

I wonder how they summed up all that in the carbon atom logo .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  10. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is at all true as a generalization. My personal experience suggests otherwise.

Nearly everyone I know, both religious and atheists, seem to take very strong issue with the militant and extremist forms of Islam, for example, those that oppress women's rights or try to impose Sharia law by government authority. I do not have a single friend of any religious affiliation or lack thereof who approves of those things.

On the other hand, the views of the people I know on other forms of Islam are much more diverse. I know practicing Muslims, and I know people of many religions who are respectful of many of the forms of Islam.

My experience has been that people who tend to be respectful of religious beliefs that differ from theirs tend to be respectful to many different religions, whereas those who believe that only one system of belief is correct (whether it is Christianity, Islam, Atheism, or any other system) tend to be relatively equally closed-minded towards different groups.

cazort, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  11. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    `
    Which god are you talking about anyway? There are many gods that love all those things. If you are trying to peddle us bible again, i would like to see references against abortion, polygamy , doing drugs and drinks and dieting if you don't mind. Good luck.

thesickearth, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Best Answers:

Or: Some liberal media channel shill endorses our meaningless "efforts"?

Blogmaster, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  13. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'm spiritual but not religious. This doesn't make me an agnostic or just a spiritualist that doesn't necessarily believe in a set God, as I actually believe in the same God that Christians do. I also believe in Jesus, but I don't believe that you have to go to church, spread the word, get baptized (which I was when a teenager), or any other main tenet of religion, to go to Heaven. I hate that I've been told many times that I'm not going to Heaven because of arbitrary church policies and beliefs. I have read and heard that even Jesus said that you didn't have to have religion to pray and worship on your own. In addition, he wasn't even preaching for religion or any particular religion, only that you could congregate if you so chose, but it was not required.

Now I'm not downing good people that are religious that don't push their views on others and discourage non-religious views as the only entry into Heaven. If it helps people in their lives, then I'm all for it for them. I just don't believe in it for me or that it's a necessity. I know some will believe I am wrong here and that is your option. I also feel that religion has had negative connotations throughout history. From Catholicism and its indulgences to buy your way into Heaven and it's religious wars and persecutions of "witches" and Protestants to a modern day big business with high paid televangelists and tax loopholes. Again, I'm not saying all churches are this way, just that some are and there is a lot of money in religion through donations and required tithes.

Please don't take what I said as religion bashing. I'm just explaining how I feel on this subject.

sunfyre7896, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  14. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally don't like PETA...mainly because I don't like the way they can be so judgmental and moralizing, but also because I don't like how they will objectify women in the interest of promoting their cause.

But I wouldn't draw the conclusion that you do, just because they haven't specifically targetted kosher or halal operations. Any activist group picks and chooses its battles. PETA, I dislike, because they tend to pick highly sensationalistic battles. But I don't think that picking your battles is necessarily a bad thing. And I doubt PETA is a particular fan of the way animals are slaughtered according to kosher or halal rules. If you really care about them taking a stance on that issue, why not write them a letter or publish a public statement addressed to them?

cazort, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  15. ssaxena07

ssaxena07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Religion: is barely the path of humanity and love for all. it is a knowledge of self being.

ssaxena07, Oct 4, 2011 IP