1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Battery low and CMOS Setup always reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ryder88, Sep 22, 2011.

Battery low and the CMOS Setup always reset, the previous configuration would always be lost after i shutdown the computer, the minute i started it after a time the problem mentioned always appear, i already replace the old battery with a new one but still the same notice after starting the computer. Any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

ryder88, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  2. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    Replacing the battery should do the job. But since you said it didn't work, I don't know what's the problem. Maybe the board? My only advice is, try not to unplug your computer, if you do this, your settings shouldn't get reset.

g36, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  3. uday nikam

uday nikam Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is your mother board problems check it out.

uday nikam, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  4. DiGiTAL2K

DiGiTAL2K Peon

Best Answers:
    there is a cmos jumper on majority of motherboards make sure it's in the right pins

DiGiTAL2K, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  5. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could be that the CMOS chip developed a problem and is draining the battery. Or some conductive dust is doing it. (The normal drain on the battery is in the nanoamp range. Even a humid day can increase that a lot. Damp dust on the motherboard would be the equivalent of shorting the battery out.)

The "repair" probably involves a new motherboard. (Replacing a soldered-in chip on a multilayer board isn't a job for a novice.)

Rukbat, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  6. g4r3th

g4r3th Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure battery is in correctly or maybe it was a dud.

g4r3th, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  7. ryder88

ryder88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks you all for the suggestion on how to fix the problem, i will buy a new set of batteries to see which item has the problem. Thanks you all again.

ryder88, Sep 28, 2011 IP