1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a Vbulletin Mod That can show Number of users online - Fake stats

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by pritesh3232, Sep 28, 2011.

Hello

I have a forum , using vbulletin 4 version , I have a good number of posts and threads but very very low number of users online , like 20 online ..lol..I have heard that there is a mod or some sort , that can show fake like 10,000 online in my forum bottom stats , we can set how many are online stats , it varies from 10 number in regular time periods...like 10,000 for now , after 15 minutes it automatically changes to 11,000 and after some time 8000 ,So this is how it should work , Now I can install this script to attract members ,but later when my forum develops , i should be able to remove the script and show real stats , If any one can do this , please pm me with price , thanks , really looking for this , thanks again

pritesh3232, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Uh... why would you want to do that? People join forums because it gives them something of value, not because of any stats. If you are embarrassed of your stats, just disable them... don't lie about them (user's aren't stupid).

digitalpoint, Sep 28, 2011 IP
    wco likes this.
  3. arkueckelhan

arkueckelhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    No script is required... although I suggest it doesn't matter much. It looks good to have an active base but visitors will soon figure out the real activity based on actual posts being made and their frequency.

Just go in the VB admin panel and go to VB options, then find who's online or something like that and change the cookie settings to be over a longer period of time.

Click that thumbs up below**

arkueckelhan, Sep 28, 2011 IP
    muhammad arif likes this.
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can find the fake user mod at vb.org but as Shawn said, I wouldn't suggest this type of behavior..

Brandon Sheley, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  5. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It would be pointless, people would see straight through it with the number of topics and posts.

sambling, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  6. strudinox

strudinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    strudinox, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  7. controlesc

controlesc Peon

Best Answers:
    It is done there. But the fake access number is not so. The amount it would cost yourbandwitdh. At the same time your site will slow down.

So if you want I can share with you. PM me for more. Thank you

controlesc, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  8. Spitzofrenix

Spitzofrenix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why u ask? .. maybe u never had a struggle with make'n a forum so i'll explain it to u like that
    i googled this btw thats how i found this im lookin for the same thing

ok here is why .... if u have a site nobody knows about because u just made it .. its harder to get people to stick around
    people come on the site and it shows who was online and how many members for like 24 hours or so then its gone, and if people come to your site and see NOBODY they say.. oh shit nobody is here .. fuck this site
    and the next guy comes on the site and says ...man this site looks empty as hell

atleast if u have fake stats people are around your site long enough for others to see them, and they see members and people active in the last 30 days or w/e instead of 24 hours ... that makes the members list appear bigger than if u have nothing on a site NOBODY EVER HEARD OF

so instead of casting judgement of reasons of why people want fake stats .. why not try to help a dude out
    nobody comes to places like this so people can talk about them, they come here lookin for help

Spitzofrenix, Jul 20, 2017 IP