1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the advantage of Keyword Density ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jullieroslin, Sep 27, 2011.

hii,
    what is the actual advantage of Keyword density in seo ?

jullieroslin, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  2. Celtivo

Celtivo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can keyword density be an advantage or even a disadvantage?

Keyword density is the % that a keyword appears on your page compared to all words.

Celtivo, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  3. Matt_Baker

Matt_Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have experienced of having a 9% keyword density in my homepage and I wait for 2 weeks and it didn't rank. My friend review my homepage and he found out that their are too many keywords in my page. He suggest to minimize and make it at least 3% keyword density. The next day I was shocked because it rank 2nd page on Google!

Matt_Baker, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  4. PalmGeo

PalmGeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Advantage of having keywords in your web page content is that search engine gives importance to the keyword and your page can rank better for that keyword. The thing that should be noted is that the keywords should not be stuffed, use keyword wherever it makes sense, you have to think from a visitors perspective.

PalmGeo, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  5. sophie1986

sophie1986 Member

Best Answers:
    If you have an appropriate keyword density in your content, Google gives preference to you. However lots depend on the quality of your content as well!

sophie1986, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  6. jullieroslin

jullieroslin Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for give your best suggestion.

jullieroslin, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  7. hashif

hashif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Main advantage is to avoid getting your website listed as blackhat..:), always use a keyword density 3% to 4 % means for every 100 words you make you can use keywords 3 to 4 times. Now a days search engine spiders are more strict towards keyword density after panda algorithm update.."Write for humans not for search engines"

hashif, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  8. Nathan2525

Nathan2525 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should try to keep the Keyword Density below 2%.

If your putting in your keyword 12 times in one article it's manipulating a bit and
    it can have a negative affect on you.

Just write normal and be sure to put your keyword in your title.

Nathan2525, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  9. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    If you use keywords as per google limit of keyword density so google will like it. Maximum Keyword density considers as spam.

facebookapp, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  10. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Proper density is 2% - 5%. Somebody is also claiming maximum percentage is 3%.

sisatel, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  11. Kavel

Kavel Peon

Best Answers:
    This is one of the constraint for the Google to crawl your site. So keyword density should be maintained. It is indeed very important.

Kavel, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  12. eswari

eswari Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword density is the one of the way to Google crawl our website. Keyword density is the number of occurrence the particle keyword appear in the landing page.

eswari, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  13. Ayansarei

Ayansarei Peon

Best Answers:
    Help to better google ranking, As per google web master guide line keyword density must be not greater than 5%

Ayansarei, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  14. olafshiel

olafshiel Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I'm afraid you are all a bit off the mark. Keyword density is gone, dead, buried. Don't even bother with it. Whats new now is Latent semantic indexing. LSI is an algorithm that closely resembles the thought processes that an actual "human" would go through in order to determine if the results of their query are relevant to what they were searching for.In other words the search engines are the closest they have ever been to being able to quickly determine relevance based on what an actual human would find relevant by comparing the structure and "words" of a page and website and then comparing them to those of websites that are already considered relevant.
    For example...Let's say you are doing a web page about golf. Under the old way of SEO you would look at your competition to find out how many times they use the word "golf" on their page in order to "optimize" your page to rank for the word golf. Under the new generation of SEO you would totally ignore keyword density analysis and focus on "expert quality content" and "theme giving" website design and menu structure.
    If you don't believe me, Do a "semantic" search on Google using the "~" (tilde) function by typing ~golf
    ~golf (click to open search in new window)
    Look for the keywords that are in BOLD
    At the time of this writing I get:
    * sports
    * golf
    * country
    * golf's
    * golfer's
    * club
    * golfer
    So when optimizing your page next time, use an online thesaurus for a more powerful effect by using similar words that mean the same thing.

olafshiel, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  15. IamTJM

IamTJM Peon

Best Answers:
    The right keyword density is an advantage because it makes your content seem more "natural" to Google. Generally between 2 to 5 percent is where you want to stay. Also, the use of LSI keywords is important as well.

IamTJM, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  16. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    Your content or article should contain 2 to 3% keyword density not more than that, your will have more priority for better ranking. If density goes more that 4 to 5%
    its considered as keyword stuffing and will have negative effect.

Prasseo, Oct 16, 2011 IP