1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Aside from content, how do you promote a new site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by netsavy006, Sep 24, 2011.

I understand that the primary thing I need for a new site is content. I understand that. I'm using blogger and have only 3 enteries. But aside from content, what do you recommend (that I do) to promote my new blog? It's a blog about mental health.

Thank you,
    Andy

netsavy006, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  2. truivia

truivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need a LOT more content before you start promoting the blog. Most people won't even stick around for only 3 posts. I too am starting a blog and I have about 20 posts on word that I have saved to post online for when I am ready to promote.

However back to your question - you can make a FB page about it, join other face book pages on your subject. Join forums and other blogs about your subject. Twitter. Be careful not to spam any of these though :)

truivia, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  3. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Andy,

I recommend looking for opportunities where you can promote yourself as an expert in your field. This might include writing guest articles for other Websites, or magazines, or even appearing on television or radio. Everytime you do something like this, you are not only building your personal brand but you also have the opportunity to share your Website URL and attract an even larger regular audience.

The Stealthy One, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  4. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pay some people here at Digital point to promote your site by writing posts in relevant forums. Then buy some signature links at forums where the subject matter is of interest to readers.

chant, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  5. freejing

freejing Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm , for the new website , i will keep updating the high quality orginal contents , finding the links to exchange , submit my sites to search engines , and doing google adwords .

freejing, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  6. ncsalestrainer

ncsalestrainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could make a Facebook fan page for it, that will allow your message to spread through your friends to their friends.

Also, you could post ads on Craigslist.

ncsalestrainer, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  7. StillIRise

StillIRise Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking works quite well. Set it up right with a ping account and you could get a hundred or so visitors in one day. But don't think a blog with only 3 post will be suffice. Continue to post fresh content.

StillIRise, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  8. Hybrisil

Hybrisil Guest

Best Answers:
    You should try to implement some sort of marketing campaign. Start with simple plugins to a Facebook or Twitter page. Also, you could try to hire an SEO company. If that's too expensive, I suggest researching simple SEO tactics and trying them out for yourself. It's not too hard. Good luck to you! :)

Hybrisil, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  9. Xtriker

Xtriker Peon

Best Answers:
    First you need to worry about content, it needs to be good, original and it must have an added value, not just some text that you coud read anywhere or something everyone already knows.

Once you have this, start looking on the web to relate/link with other sites that have similar topics.
    This way you get meaningfull backlinks, which will help a bit with searchengines.

additionally, start being social, create a twitter account and twit interesting things about your topic, so not only links to your articles...)
    a facebook page is also something you can start.

But another tip is, there are so much possibilities so it's better to start with 1 or 2 things so you don't loose track.

good luck!

Xtriker, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  10. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    More content and lots of quality backlinks.

cheesee, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  11. johnpon

johnpon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you need a lot of content first before you start promoting. Once you promote you obviously need to use social networking...facbook, twiter, etc. Also some seo for the blog will help drive some traffic to it as well

johnpon, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  12. czar_residences

czar_residences Peon

Best Answers:
    If your blog is still new, you need to work hard on your content because it is the most important thing in a site or a blog. Then work on its design and features, your blog must look better so visitors will be attracted to it. Once you can really say that your blog is something to read for, promote it using social bookmarking and social networking sites.

czar_residences, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  13. TedPeterson

TedPeterson Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that content is king. keep in mind there are several different ways to provide content on your site/blog. Yes the obvious is articles and informative post. But here are a few others to consider. You could post reviews. You could add informative videos. How about mp3 interviews of experts. Then promote the heck out of it. Create a buzz using social media. And one more thing. You want to do everything you can to get your new visitors commenting on your blog. Have a contest for the best post. The more interaction on your blog the better.

TedPeterson, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  14. Matt_Baker

Matt_Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    Aside from content, you can promote your new site by Social bookmarking, Email Marketing and Forum participation. I believe that they were effective in promoting a new site.

Matt_Baker, Sep 26, 2011 IP