1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Please : Conversion Tracking for Affiliate Links from SEs + PPC

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by rbleyer, Nov 1, 2006.

Hi Everyone - I am an prodomiently an Affiliate marketer. I have a range of sites that promote affiliates - I mainly focus in the financial space.

I am looking for a recommendation on what software - installed on the server or not - that allows me to really see what PPC and SE keywords end up getting the visitor to click on my affilate links. Basically to know which keywords are working or not. Really in the end I cant see if after they leave my site whether they actually were the one to sign up for the affilate product but it would give me a great indication of whether a key phrase is working or not.

I hope I have made some sense :) - I am sure some people will understand what I mean.

Really appreciate any help that you can offer. Anyone providing good information will get some Green added to their repututation.

rbleyer, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  2. tstaut

tstaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's one solution: http://www.affedit.com/reftrack.php

The other is to dynamically add the keyword to your landing page url so for example, in adwords your click-through URL would be
    Then, in your affiliate tracking use php to call the variable. So your code would look something like this:
    Then if someone clicked on your ad with the keyword "widgets" your subid in your affiliate program would be "widgets"

Hope that made sense....

tstaut, Nov 1, 2006 IP
    rbleyer likes this.
  3. rbleyer

rbleyer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tstaut - Will review that program - Does make sense on the tracking - Once again thanks - Any one else out there have any more input?

rbleyer, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  4. rbleyer

rbleyer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked that product seemed a little simple - the web site was a little poor - not much in the way of screen caps for the product.

2 products that do seem interesting is:
    www.clicktracks.com - seems pricy at the 4k USD option
    http://www.marketing-roi-optimizer.com/ - which is one I have had my eye on - $99 USD seems pretty good - I thought I would create a php redirect page for each outbound affiliate link on the site - that would track where a user came into the site and then nautrally where they left when they clicked on one of my outbound affiliate links.

Has anyone had experience with this Axandra product?

rbleyer, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  5. Marifer

Marifer Peon

Best Answers:
    rbleyer:
    I am a reseller for clicktracks. Are you looking at the hosted version? The version where you download the logs is cheaper and starts at $300 and if you still want the hosted, pm me and as a reseller I can try to get you a discount from their listed price.

Marifer, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  6. MindStyle

MindStyle Peon

Best Answers:
    crazyegg.com

MindStyle, Nov 3, 2006 IP