1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VPS hosting with wordpress

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by artyray, Sep 23, 2011.

I am definitely getting vps hosting but I need it to have wordpress. Ideally I want it with auto install but how hard is it to download wordpress and install it yourself on your vps host?

artyray, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  2. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    aap, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  3. Dominatos

Dominatos Member

Best Answers:
    You can install WP on any vps.

Dominatos, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  4. phxadam

phxadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To make wordpress run on your VPS you need LAMP.

phxadam, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  5. alexdoerr

alexdoerr Peon

Best Answers:
    If you get Linux VPS with cPanel, you can install Wordpress through One-Click installation using Softaculous or Fantastico whichever included.

alexdoerr, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  6. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    For easier management, I recommend you to have cPanel or any control panel that compatible with Linux. Have Softaculous or Fantastico installed in the control panel so that you can install Wordpress easily. Remember that you have to upgrade Wordpress whenever there is an updated version. With a control panel, it ease your task.

ExaMike, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  7. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is one of the easiest scripts to install and it really only takes a couple of minutes. Maintaining a vps is a much more time-consuming and complicated task. If you can handle a vps then installing wordpress will be a breeze. There are some auto-installer scripts out there that will do wordpress, but honestly it isn't worth paying an extra monthly fee just to install it one time.

gameutopia, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  8. stach14

stach14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most hosts support wordpress but not all of them can help you optimize the server based on your wordpress usage. I would find a host that is very in tune with wordpress. If you are going for an unmanaged server, then you can go with anyone as you will be doing the setup and work on it. But if you are choosing a fully managed provider, I would ask a few questions before signing up to judge their wordpress knowledge. One click installs are nice, but there is more to maintaining the server and keeping it running at peak performance.

stach14, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  9. p4guru

p4guru Active Member

Best Answers:
    p4guru, Sep 26, 2011 IP