1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

War on Terror and US-Pak Love-Hate relationship

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by The Webby, Sep 24, 2011.

United States
    The Hate:
    The Love:

Pakistan
    The Hate:
    The Love:

Ah such an epic romantic drama!! I say get a room, what say you?

Sources:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Mike-Mullen-Pakistan-is-exporting-terror.html
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-break-with-Pakistan/articleshow/10094840.cms

The Webby, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is no love between the parties. They attacked our Embassy and will pay the price. Of course, we will do it on our time and according to what is best for us.

Pakistan, is cementing its role as one of the most reckless nations on Earth. From having shared nuclear technology with terrorist groups to actively using terrorists against India and the US they are proving to be a state sponsor of terrorism and seem proud of it. The real loser is the few Pakistanis who just want to live in peace. Too bad their leaders are more concerned with promoting Islamic terrorism then they are with promoting prosperity and peace for their own citizens.

Time will tell how it all works out, but not looking like Pakistan is going to making a whole lot of progress. China can have them. Being friends with Pakistan is like being friends with cancer.

browntwn, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  3. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the general perception in Pakistan is that US needs Pakistan more than Pakistan needs US.. They aint affraid of being vocal about it..
    After all, China is their new best friend.. But lets not forget Pakistani terror groups are active in China's Xinjiang region as well.

I'm not sure what to make out of Hina Khar's reaction.. Was that a threat, a warning or what..

Nukes of Pakistan is something of grave concern. What happens when aid money stops flowing.

4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect it is a lot more than a few, perhaps even a majority. Unfortunately, it doesn't take too much sh*t in your cereal to make it unfit for consumption. Gaza, for instance, is at a 80% sh*t concentration level.

Or what we normally call extortion. The US doesn't need Pakistan to do anything other than stop feeding the terrorists. Pakistan could cease to exist and the US would be better off overall.

I'm personally for cutting the extortionists off from their money supply, as paying them normally just gets you more extortion. Paki nukes are a threat to their neighbors, not to the US, and their neighbors(India) have nukes of their own. If Pakistan were to let a nuke slip, there would simply be no more Pakistan.

If Pakistan were to fail as a state with out US money, there would be revolution and massive bloodshed, cutting down on the quantity of lunatics on the planet. Should it matter to me that they wind up like Somalia? Just put a fence around em and keep a bevy of AC130's in their airspace at all times.

Either way, let them be responsible for themselves. Let the market decide their fate. I like Browntwn's cancer analogy. Sending them money is supplying a cancerous tissue with nutrients, encouraging it to grow.

Obamanation, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  5. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Extortion.. Yes, that's what it is..

Harboring radicals from all over the world, providing them safe heaven..
    Sometimes I think Pakistan is the true ally of US in War on terror.. It helps creating the terror, so you can have the war on it :D

I'm wasn't talking about their nuclear missiles. They'll have to be extreme Idiots to launch a nuke against anyone from their soil..
    But possession of fissile material and technology is what worrying me.. Once the aid money stops flowing in, the technology and material may go to the highest bidder..
    Haven't they done it in the past? What can stop them from doing it again?

Some lunatic dictator or a group of radical Islamist get their hands on that, who knows what country will be targeted?
    Think if Hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban or Al Qaeda get their hands on a nuke..

I shudder when I think that.. Am I being paranoid?

I like it too, now the question is - How long to wait before you start the treatment?

6. TheMightOfLove

TheMightOfLove Peon

Best Answers:
    There cannot be reconciliation between people of lower and higher beliefs.
    How can you live in peace with people whose way of life is violence, killings, kidnappings, extortion, not to mention their regards to women? How can you live in peace with those who when killing say: "God is great". There is something rotten in the beliefs of the religious leaders in Pakistan. And since they are the ones who one way or another control most of the organizations - the legal and non legal in Pakistan, they are the ones to be held accountable.

Bring in higher ideals in the society and things will improve.
    Improve the spiritual values of the people and then everything else will get better.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    TheMightOfLove, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @TheMightOfLove
    While I can't state that I agree with you 100% of the time,I just want to say that I think you have a beautiful overall philosophy.I think you are a good man.I seldom comment on your posts but I always read them.:)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  8. TheMightOfLove

TheMightOfLove Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Spoitdiva! I am glad somebody finds something of value in my posts.
    Appreciate your comment! :)

(As Beinsa Douno says: The world will be set right when the women find the Wisdom and men the Love. Less Love in a society - more hatred and all other negatives with it like violence. If those religious people in Pakistan preached the right teachings how come so much mess? I know what those religious leaders are missing, it is giving the message of Love - the Divine one, the selfless Love.)

TheMightOfLove, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  9. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only reason Us does not treat pakistan as just another muslim country is because it knows it has terrorists hiding in it and wants to get rid of them through talks. Pakistan has till date never ever served the US properly what the Us have said. Us keeps sending billions of dollars every year and pakistan keeps sending terrorits there. There is no way Bin laden was residing in such a big house near a city like Islamabad without any internal help. All terrorists caught in India later reveal that they have been trained by ISI. The relation between US and pakistan is that they both hate each other but they are good when face to face. Us did not tell pakistan before entering and capturing OBL. If it trusted it would have told pakistan but it did not. Pakistans hate is stupid on the other hand. Even though Us provides them everything Pakistanis hate US. More than 66% pakistanis consider india and us as a bigger threat than Al qaeda. What a pity.

laxman363, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  10. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    American aggression will not be tolerated: Pakistan

Chrissy17, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  11. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    Thats called "nexus". They might have secrets that WikiLeaks afraid to find, I guess.

bharatmax, Sep 25, 2011 IP