1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MGID is a source of traffic which is fine for AdSense, no risk of banning for that

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by JamesColin, Apr 7, 2011.

I've installed MGID on my site as I believe it doesn't violate google's webmaster guidelines and comply with adsense's TOS (images PG)

So I'm pretty sure it's safe traffic for all with MGID, but I'm not working at google, so have you heard about any problem with adsense/mgid?

JamesColin, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    OK, traffic from MGID just started coming today, and it is actually working! You can see my site's stats in real-time, look at the 20 last referrers list, chances are you'll see MGID url in it:
    http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=shetoldm

The process is quite simple to register: fill in the form, wait until they contact you again with a positive answer, then install their code on your site, email them again to confirm, they'll send you another email saying they've checked and everything is fine, then the traffic will start coming, next they email you with login/password to log on their site to see exact traffic stats about your site.
    I've just noticed traffic starting to come massively to my site, I've not yet received my login/password.

JamesColin, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  3. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    I would stay away from this "traffic source". Anything that doesn't sound natural is frowned upon by Google.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  4. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why doesn't it sound natural to you?

JamesColin, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  5. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using it for months (if not more than a year) but today I somehow heard lots of bloggers taking mgid out from their blogs because it's against AdSense policy.

The policy says not to have any traffic exchange programs on Adsense enable blogs and some say it's safe, some say mgid IS a traffic exchange program.... I'm confused what to do now

michael.aulia, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  6. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    google doesn't allow traffic exchange programs meant to manipulate search engine ranking. Mgid simply send traffic but it's not hard linking, has no effect on search engines ranking.

JamesColin, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  7. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    michael.aulia, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  8. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, let's see if mgid is fine for adsense, I'll let you know if my account or site is banned.

JamesColin, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  9. Mister Lancer

Mister Lancer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, what is the minimum requirement to join MGID? Do they accept a new blog with a few posts? Thanks.

Mister Lancer, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  10. omthoke

omthoke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you're not allowed to be involved in any auto traffic generation/exchange programs according to Adsense TOS - with MGID not only can you get your Adsense account banned, it may also result in a ban on your site in Google's search results - so better BEWARE!

omthoke, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  11. mcc1270

mcc1270 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need minimum daily 500 visitors

mcc1270, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  12. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Now this thread is about 6 months old, I still have MGID on one site, it doesn't mean it is not a problem with adsense ads, but up to now nothing happened, not even a warning email from adsense.
    It does send some traffic, I'm not looking at overall figures or stats, but regularly I see visits with MGID as a referrer.

JamesColin, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  13. jelezabeth

jelezabeth Peon

Best Answers:
    MGID and confusion of users seem to go hands in hand. Somebody has said that MGID sends traffic to a site. But the point is that this is a false algorithm done with the help of an illegal application. Many people have sussed out over the past year or so why search engines hate traffic exchange programs, why Penguin and Panda updates are deliberately targeting such industries, and why AdSense bans accounts for using their widgets. When the traffic is nothing but false metrics and the sole activity of the site is to promote click scam, how can this lead to revenue generation? I agree to what blogboutnothing says that it is better to stay away from such traffic generating widgets as well as the comments of Mister Lancer that you only make your site vulnerable to permanent bans when you install this application.

Now someone here has also expressed confusion that he has heard nothing about this MGID manipulated traffic hoax. You just need to go through your site traffic generation report for the last six months and you will see a steady reduction, along with whopping rises of bounce rates. Even Alexa’s traffic reports showcase that sites which collaborate with MGID witness 20% steep decrease in progressive traffic.

jelezabeth, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  14. P-tah

P-tah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yea, Google hates MGID, that's why it's PR7, 665 Alexa, and bunch of high ranking gaming sites use it along with Adsense ... geez people, chill out. People click on an image with relevant description when they use the widget. If users do not like the image or the description they will never click it, leading to a visitor who is actually interested in the content of your site. Lets say that vistor clicks on an ad on your site, GREAT, you have visitor interested about your site's content who then clicks on a relevant ad.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    P-tah, Aug 25, 2013 IP