1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions regarding transfer of the blog to new server..

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Manju99, Sep 23, 2011.

Hi,
    I have sold few of my wordpress blogs. All blogs files and databases are transferred to his server.
    Now the problem is he is telling, he is not able to login to wordpress admin area..
    But when I tried I am able to login, can post new post, add users any thing i can do, but he is telling he is not able to login to wordpress.
    What will be the issue.
    But when i ping the blogs, the ip am getting is my server ip were blogs earlier hosted, not his server ip.
    I have pushed the domains to his a/c, he telling he updated the his name servers also.
    url is www.fitfaq.net
    Can any one help me to solve the issue?
    Earlier also i have sold many blogs, not faced any issues.
    Thank you!

Manju99, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  2. MuseHack

MuseHack Member

Best Answers:
    The only reason someone cannot log into a Wordpress site that is up and running is if they are not using the correct user name and password. I know that sound simplistic, but logging into a WordPress site has nothing to do with which server it is on, IP address, or DNS. Either he has a Caps Lock on, or doesn't have the correct name and password, or has a keyboard or computer problem...

A nice free program to use to take control of his computer and show him step by step is over at TeamViewer.com - You both would have to install it. This will allow you to consult by phone while explaining what your are doing. Skype is another way to share your screen with someone while speaking with them, to show them the login process is working.

MuseHack, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  3. Manju99

Manju99 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes logging in to his PC with teamviewer seems to be the best solution..

Manju99, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  4. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use OpenDNS / Google Public DNS on your computer and then flush DNS.
    After this your computer should resolve to new server.

If the problem is only with username / password, ask him to change password from phpMyAdmin.

If both hosting account is cPanel based, best method to transfer any site would be using using full cPanel backup.

aap, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  5. Manju99

Manju99 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! issue resolved, it was error on my part. I have changed the passwords on my server, after transferring all the files to him.
    That's why he was unable to login, once I supplied him original usernames and passwords, he is now able to login to wordpress.

Manju99, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  6. manig4

manig4 Member

Best Answers:
    Admin pass is only way can do all those things, I had this issue couple of month ago, now you

manig4, Sep 27, 2011 IP