1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress help required in functions.php

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by spoilt, Sep 16, 2011.

I am getting the following errors as notified by my theme dashboard. Please help me in this regard. The thing is related to RSS. I was using feedburner but have switched to the default RSS link, thinking that was the culprit. However, I have no idea why I am getting this error. Everything on the site was just working fine, the infolinks, adsense, tynt, etc. However, since the past few days, I am unable to see any infolinks on my site, though the correct code has already been added. Please help.

My site is: www.thetechnofreaks.com
    Following are the errors. Please look into them.

Warning
    : array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /ZZZ/ZZZ/public_html/wp-content/themes/techblog-single-pro-psd/functions.php on line 827

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /ZZZ/ZZZ/public_html/wp-content/themes/techblog-single-pro-psd/functions.php on line 829

FROM functions.php line 827 onwards:
       $rss->items = array_slice($rss->items, 0, 6);    
    $channel = $rss->channel;    
           foreach ($rss->items as $item ) {        
           $parsed_url = parse_url(wp_filter_kses($item['link']));        
           echo "<li><b><a href=" . wp_filter_kses($item['link']) . ">" . wptexturize(wp_specialchars($item['title'])) . "</a></b></li>";
    }    
    echo "</ul>";  }    ?>
    PHP:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    spoilt, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  2. crispunk

crispunk Member

Best Answers:
    It look like rss is not returning Anything hence you get the errors

crispunk, Sep 23, 2011 IP