1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My site's ranking in serp is going down. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Google' started by amiyo cast, Sep 20, 2011.

My site is all about online gambling. I regularly update my site's blog, do quality link building, but still my site's serp is not climbing up and worst its going down. Any advice from SEO expert there? Thanks a lot.

amiyo cast, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  2. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its happening same to mine also ...

simple007, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  3. rovad

rovad Member

Best Answers:
    How old is your site (domain age)? Google generally prefers older, but active websites, so it just might happen that you need to let your site age a bit before stabilizing on some position.

Also, if you are exaggerating with the amount of links you build, it can hurt your rankings as well. And also, :D, if you are building dominantly one type of backlinks (for example blog comments or forum posts) then it might look suspicious to Google. Link building is a lot about making Google "think" that the links you build aren't actually built by you heh.

Diversification is everything in this game.

rovad, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  4. hfmovies

hfmovies Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should improve the quality and quantity of the chain, so as to solve this problem.

hfmovies, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  5. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Investigate first if there's something wrong with your site or the links pointing to your site and fix them. Then give good content updates plus few strong backlinks to keep your site indexed more often.

WishBone, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  6. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest now you can go for SMO. It will definitely increase your SERP.

sisatel, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  7. saksare

saksare Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should let it get a bit old...

saksare, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  8. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    What recent changes did you made to your site before it went down in SERP? It could also be that your competitors have strengthen their SEO performance thus leaving you behind for certain keywords, because sometimes eventhough our website remains consistent in ranking for certain keywords but the competition starts targeting that keyword and proceed us in SERP for that keyword.

PromoDirect, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  9. SEOExpertSydney

SEOExpertSydney Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.... Well it happens.. First check what keyword you targeting and how much competitions? However most important is content, if content is not original than you can't be on top. Google consider it spam. Also Check the 501,401,301 error in webmaster tool and remove it. Remove html errors. These are few advice i hope it helps...

SEOExpertSydney, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  10. amiyo cast

amiyo cast Peon

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate all your answers and suggestions about my query. Thanks a lot. And from what I see it, I produce too many links for my site and google see it as a threat. Can anyone give me some effective ways on how can I gain google's trust. I know that google value more the content's quality, so I regularly update my site's blog for new and unique article. Any suggestions experts? Thanks

amiyo cast, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  11. davidpsymons

davidpsymons Peon

Best Answers:
    build some links that contains keywords suite to your websites but have less in competencies. Everyday many websites are created so as much as possible make your websites unique.

davidpsymons, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  12. smarterseo

smarterseo Peon

Best Answers:
    This is natural part of SEO I am afraid...try and get some high pr links and you should see a nice rise

smarterseo, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  13. james356

james356 Peon

Best Answers:
    high pr and high quality backlink you need,but also note you onpage optimization,for example,url format, anchor text, one page at least need one link out to other url etc

james356, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  14. aileenwuornos

aileenwuornos Peon

Best Answers:
    check indexing status of your website, if its indexed by google on regular interval then its ok otherwise your site may be penalized by google

aileenwuornos, Sep 23, 2011 IP