1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building backlinks for a new site

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by KodeMaaster, Sep 20, 2011.

Hi friends !!:)
    I know that a website without backlinks is not worth anything.So,to build backlinks what strategy should I adopt? I've seen ads of sites selling backlinks but don't feel they are safe as google says it will penalize any indulgence in any such activity.Is this true ?? What other options do I have?
    Thnxx in advance !! :)

KodeMaaster, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  2. jeremytyler662

jeremytyler662 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would start out slow submitting articles to article directories and doing 10-15 comments a day linking back to your site. Remember not to use same anchor text on every backlink and don't point all backlinks to just one URL. Make sure to point some of those links to internal pages.

jeremytyler662, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  3. pwily

pwily Peon

Best Answers:
    I would create a killer page with some awesome content that people would actually want to read, then focus on link acquisition. If it's really good hit up a newspaper or publication - one link from them will do more than thousands of links from article directories, etc.

pwily, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  4. hedavies

hedavies Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice!

Don't be tempted to buy like 10,000 profile links pointing to your main URL. Article directory submission seems to be a very safe option. I submit between 400 and 600 articles pointing to brand new sites and have never had a problem. After that you must diversify your link building and more importantly build links to your links.

hedavies, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  5. BuySellDomainWebsite

BuySellDomainWebsite Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course buying links to achieve ranking is against Google policies and can harm your website rankings in future, once google detects this. But as you said, without backlinks a website is not worth anything. So I suggest, you start slowly and steadily for link building that looks natural to google. Link building is a long term strategy and shortcuts or creating massive backlinks overnight will definitely penalize your site. Start with article marketing, blog commenting, directory submission, social bookmarking, press releases, etc which create natural looking backlinks and create awareness of your website to people and SE. Once, this foundation is laid, then you can accelerate your link building efforts by increasing the number of links per day with complete SEO link building packages available in the market that will build 300-1000 backlinks per month and you'll slowly top the ranking charts of your website within a short span of time. All very organic and natural looking to Google.

BuySellDomainWebsite, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  6. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need content, no matter what kind of link strategy you use. I'd make sure that you have some GOOD, QUALITY content on your site before slapping links to it. Links will definitely help get you some love from Google, but if you are pointing links to a spam/very thin site, then that love won't go as far as it could. I'd make sure that once I had some good content, I would start to build links to inner pages first. Don't hit your home URL too hard first. Once I had done some link building to inner pages, only then would I start to focus on the main URL. This way I believe you'll get much more solid and stable SERP results in the long run, instead of just jumping up to the front and then vanishing forever because you built all your links to your home page using just one or two keywords. G

creztor, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  7. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try submitting articles to popular article directories with high PR. You should also post to forums and leave comments on blogs!

miksy123, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  8. viinfo123

viinfo123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    article submission is good way for link building, but there are many other ways for link building like social bookmarking, blog commenting, blog creation, forum posting/review etc...

viinfo123, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  9. Pandadan

Pandadan Active Member

Best Answers:

Attached Files:

Pandadan, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  10. smarterseo

smarterseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just start with a mix of directories, articles, bookmarks and press release...Nice foundation

smarterseo, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  11. fredmeepbob

fredmeepbob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some seem like good deals and some make me skeptical of the price. It's sometimes hard to tell the difference

fredmeepbob, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  12. HarshGupta

HarshGupta Peon

Best Answers:
    Please tell me some sites to get backlinks

HarshGupta, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  13. pcuser

pcuser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    start making social pages like a facebook page a twitter page and etc. since social pages tend to have the highest page ranks out there.

pcuser, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  14. pcuser

pcuser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also, most backlink services do not work and those that does work cost a lot, if i were you i'd learn SEO and do it myself

pcuser, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  15. tehran_games

tehran_games Member

Best Answers:
    My experience showed me that Just natural backlinks are useful and effective ! Publish valuable content and wait for natural backlink.

tehran_games, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  16. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don’t go for paid methods. There are so many free methods to build backlinks. You can use methods like form posting, blog commenting, article submission, press release submission and etc to build free links. Start with few links per day and then increase gradually. Don’t rush to build links. Patient is very important for SEO.

LinkGenie, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  17. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should start from blog commenting, social book marking, Directory submission , forum posting.

OSSEO, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  18. Stephen Lessey

Stephen Lessey Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is a great foundation and will always help you in the long run

Stephen Lessey, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  19. prcys

prcys Member

Best Answers:
    You can use many techniques of seo like forum posting , social bookmarking , articles , blogs and blog posting , and many. But use these all techniques in right manner with providing best and quality information in your post. And concentrate on getting quality backlinks instead of quantity backlinks.

prcys, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  20. ankitvish

ankitvish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directory Posting is one of the better way to increase backlink...but not working perfectly..

ankitvish, Sep 28, 2011 IP