1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very Serious Sitemap Error

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TeoFriendly, Sep 20, 2011.

Hi. I had submitted a sitemap.
    But i get see Error Message in Google Webmaster tool.
    The message says : URLs not followed
    When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL.

HTTP Error: 301
    URL: http:/****.net/bb-code-arşivi/3837-­daily-motion-bbcode/sayfa2.html

Problem detected on: Sep 19, 2011

The given url structure is what i had before i have rewritten my urls by using Vbseo plugin.
    And in new sitemap file contains only the urls which are rewrited.
    I have searched the whole sitemap file , but could not find the url which google says that is available in my sitemap and redirects to somewhere else. (http:/****.net/bb-code-arşivi/3837-­daily-motion-bbcode/sayfa2.html )

The url in my sitemap is http:/****.net/bb-code-arşivi/3837-­daily-motion-bbcode/index2.html , Which is the correct structure, and is not redirected to anywere.

What could the issue be ?

TeoFriendly, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  2. Bekky

Bekky Peon

Best Answers:
    sitemap url should be in root folder like this www.domain.com/sitemap.xml just keep your sitemap.xml file in your root folder and after that submit your sitemap.xml file in google webmaster.

Bekky, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  3. saksare

saksare Member

Best Answers:
    Well said by Bekky.

saksare, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  4. TeoFriendly

TeoFriendly Member

Best Answers:
    But the sitemap is already in the root.

TeoFriendly, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  5. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes the errors reported are a few days old, so it may have already been corrected, but the cause of the error is that you had URLs in your sitemap that were returning a 301 redirect. Google only wants the final location of a URL, not URLs that 301 redirect. I hope that helps.

revium, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  6. Dolph Stallone

Dolph Stallone Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the files in the roots.

Dolph Stallone, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  7. TeoFriendly

TeoFriendly Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    As i told , the url that google shows me is the url structure that i have used before.
    But in my current sitemap , such tpype of url is not available. as i have changed the url sctructures.

Non of the url is redirecting to any other one in my sitemap now. The url google shows me , claiming that it redirects to another url is not even available in my sitemap :)
    Anyway. As you told the error reported is a few days old.
    Inspite of the error , google is indexing the urls in the current sitemaps. a few days ago 1300 url was indexed. now it is 3000. so no problem.

TeoFriendly, Sep 22, 2011 IP