1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody use PriceGrabber?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by K4Kemp, Nov 1, 2006.

Hi All,

I'm a small sporting goods retailer thinking of using PriceGrabber for the holiday season. Do any of you recommend using their service? How do they compare to the other comparison shopping sites?

K4Kemp, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  2. Toonces51

Toonces51 !@#$%^&*^%#@#$%

Best Answers:
    K4Kemp - My experience with PriceGrabber, which was admittedly a while back now (about a year and a half), was that they were similar to the other shopping comparison sites, in terms of volume.

That is to say that we made enough to make the program worthwhile, as long as we didn't spend much time micro-managing the program--and it made no where near as much as our AdWords, Overture, and affiliate campaigns did.

Hope that helps.

Toonces51

Toonces51, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  3. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    As a customer, I almost always go to PriceGrabber to research prices. If the store has a competitive price and an excellent reputation, then I am more likely to purchase from them over a store with simply the best price. I like My Simon too.

MattKNC, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  4. tyzer

tyzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've used pricegrabber in the past and i have always found them to be a great website. I've also used similar websites like pricerunner and shopping.com and found them to yield similar results.

tyzer, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  5. molluzzo

molluzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen them used on other websites, and they seem to integrate nicely into the sites themselves

molluzzo, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  6. Marifer

Marifer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say that PriceGrabber is one the the best comparison shopping engines I deal with. Good customer service and good traffic quality.

Marifer, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  7. dotcompost

dotcompost Peon

Best Answers:
    I will say that the one thing I prefer about pricegrabber.com over their competitors is that you actually get an account rep that you can CALL ON THE PHONE. Every other engine I advertise on including, shopping.com, nextag, shopzilla, etc... only have email help which can be very frustrating when you need something fixed or an answer quickly.

dotcompost, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  8. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think these work only if you are extremely price competitive. That's the nature of why they exist, to compare.

purdue512, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  9. webtrader

webtrader Peon

Best Answers:
    signing up as a publisher
    seems allright

webtrader, Apr 13, 2007 IP
    omidse likes this.
  10. Content-Master

Content-Master Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of my top selling CDs (I sell about 50 of each per day on Amazon) have been listed on pricegrabber for 2 months already. I haven't had even one sale from this site. I don't really know what to think about it...

I've signed as a storefront. Maybe I should have chosen the 'merchant' option. But it's more expensive and I don't think there would be a different result.

So I guess it really depends on what kind of merchandise you are offering.

Content-Master, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  11. rthurul

rthurul Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend using ShopMania.com as they are completly free and they drive you some good traffic..

rthurul, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  12. guitarpaul

guitarpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend nextag at all - I got almost 300 clicks from them, no conversions (my ppc average is 8%) I even got about 50 clicks somehow before my store was even live!

guitarpaul, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  13. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Price Grabber is good. I am not an advertiser, but do use them from time to time to compare prices. If you have competitive price then you should do well. Have you also thought about using froogle aswell. They a different from most of the rest in that they are free.

john269, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  14. bacwebdesign

bacwebdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I like shopzilla.com. They gave us the best bang for the buck over the holiday season. Price Grabber would come in second place with Shopping.com and Yahoo Shopping tied for a VERY distant third place.

bacwebdesign, Jul 30, 2007 IP