1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best religion ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by princekiller1992, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who says you need to believe in deities to have a religion? I was always under the impression that you simply need a willingness to claim your beliefs about dieties are superior, coupled with a willingness to hate on others for differences in said beliefs. Welcome all!

Obamanation, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  2. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    So you say Atheism is a religion for those who just reject the belief in the existence of deities..So if there are no religions ..No Atheism. so what kind of religion is that..sub religion ?

bharatmax, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  3. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    And you missed the point by miles!!

The Webby, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  4. genchev

genchev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me it's Christianity. I love the holidays, love the way of life, love the freedom.
    There's not hate to women, everyone is equele and free. There's not circumcision(it's barbaric!!!).
    Christianity is freedom.

genchev, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I didn't say that. What I said was, just because a person is an atheist doesn't mean he/she is not a religious hater, or hater of the religious(Same thing?).

Obamanation, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  7. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    @obamanation
    May be you can explain this

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  8. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask me to explain..

Hinduism in it's originality doesn't ask you to believe in God. It was not established as a religion, but just as a moral guideline, much like Buddhism that derived from it.
    Buddhism is what Hinduism was supposed to be, but hunger for power and greed corrupted the society and many of those corrupt thoughts found their way into Hinduism, turning it into an organized religion.

People like Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Dayanand Sarswati and even Vivekanand worked to get rid of these corruptions, they repeatedly pointed out that Hinduism as religion has become ridiculous.
    And how correct they are, the caste system alone is the most ridiculous point of Hinduism. Another ridiculous thing is people doing rituals they hardly understand.. I have seen pundits who can hardly speak two lines in Sanskrit, let alone all the mantras..

If you want to defend your beliefs, you need to pause here, and study about Hinduism to know what it was and what it has become.

Let me ask you, do you know Sanskrit? Can you read and understand Sanskrit?

9. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    You were some what right.Hinduism doesn't compel any one to do anything. Its just a Guideline.
    And , Yes. That's what a religion should do.It must set YOU free.then YOU are responsible for your doings..Not Religion.That's what Hinduism does.Hinduism itself says its nothing and expect you do same thing in return.Nothing.
    I am a Hindu.and I don't go to temple.I don't worship...I just don't do such things.

To be Antheist you must have some opinions on religion .What are they ?

10. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I have posted my thoughts on religion in this very thread on page 2.. I'll just quote it again -

11. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    God / Gods, as in the beginning are their own definitions without religion...the Sun God. An Atheist can refute there being a God / Gods and still have a religion, why there is a Sun. Afterall there is something.

What is your differentiation between religion and government - surly you believe in Government.

Breeze Wood, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  12. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    This is kind of deep philosophy, that I ponder on..

The sun as it is, if you believe it's a god, then yes it is.. After all Sun is responsible for creation of the life on earth. Also capable of destruction of the life, if it ever happens. Hypothetically speaking, the Sun can be the God.

But If you think that sun is a God with an active conscience, who is watching over people and judging them.. Then it is ridiculous...

No, I don't.

13. shydimp

shydimp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really don't see a need for this question.What purpose does it serve?"My religion is better than yours."Says who?The important thing is how it changes you especially in the way you deal with your fellow men.You can't love God and hate other people because God is love and I don't believe in a deity that sanctions the killing of other people just because they have different beliefs.

shydimp, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  14. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    IF there were no religions, all will be Atheists. Not that the world itself would exist but no one in this world would rely on some hidden guy up high in the sky.

Grimm, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  15. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but you have to understand why there is a religion.for this I am quoting my text which I replied on "Do you believe in god or science"

16. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Which part of religion do you need me to understand?

That religion has caused more deaths for the past 2000 years? or that religion has brainwashed millions of people just for the money, money and money?

As long as the question remains, God doesn't exist until proven otherwise. If I know the answer, I'd say it is because of science. And if I don't know the answer, I'd prolly say I don't know it yet or because science still has a long way to go.

Saying that if you can't explain something and that God did it for whatever reason pretty much shows your intellectual capacity to think logically.

Grimm, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  17. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    There would be plenty of questions that would NEVER be answered by us even if science gone too far.

18. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Bah.. Ignorance is bliss.

"Where knowledge ends, religion begins."

Grimm, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  19. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh nice, good to see such feeling, entertainment in Christianity and yeah in Catholic school can see equality in gender!

babak44, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  20. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said in the other thread, that is pretty close to the truth and and very intelligent reply..

This pretty much sums it up..

The Webby, Sep 22, 2011 IP