1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

United States Heading towards a Depression?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by decoyjames, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That sounds like the best way to be. :)

I didn't know that tomatoes were to be planted in the fall. I should probably read more about it. It's just that I'm staying busy right now, and winter is right around the corner, so end of March beginning of April seems like a good time for me to start. I'm especially set on growing the heirloom tomatoes, as they're a favorite of mine. Whole Foods sells them, but they're quite expensive. Maybe I should put them in large planters where I can bring them in or out depending on the weather. :) Carrots, Lettuce, Peas, and Radishes sound pretty good too.

Rebecca, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  2. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So far I've read through Chapter 7 of "Get Rich Cheating". This is a terrific eye-opening book, it's more of a revealing what's behind the curtain of society. In many areas it's explained bits and pieces of things I've observed but, didn't understand until this book explained it to me!

Corwin, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  3. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Many are for both Fall and Spring, Tomatoes will stop producing when the Temp. is to High ~90* so in the fall if replanted they will produce till the first frost.

Gardening year round whether for vegetables or for a Bloom year round is sort of an objective. The sound of harrows turning the soil for some reason is a closeness to nature that is hard to describe and almost the reason for having the Garden.

Breeze Wood, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Man, you got your book fast! The seller I purchased from on Ebay has marked my book as shipped, but on the "my Ebay" purchase list, it says I will receive the package anytime between 09/29/11 - 10/05/11. Most likely, the seller is just giving a longer day out so his buyers will be pleasantly surprised (when they get it sooner). Still, it will probably be about a week before I get mine. :)

That's good advice, I'll have to remember the 90 degree mark. I think with most vegetables, I'll plant outside in the ground. The tomatoes, I'm going to make big planters for, and grow them in and out doors all year. So fun. :)

Rebecca, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rebecca, I bought my book off Amazon for $6. With Amazon Prime, I get free two-day shipping.

I can't buy books off eBay because sellers usually ship books via media mail which is dirt cheap, but is painfully slow and gets lost by the Boston Post Office.

Corwin, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  6. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

The Administration is beginning to exert a mild form of political fortitude.

Something to build on and refine leading into the 2012 elections.

McConnel and Boehner have stated they will not support any package containing tax increases - the proposition to balance the budget relying entirely at the expense of the middle class is senseless and if handled properly could very well regain the momentum the Democrats allowed to be taken from them during the Summer.

Breeze Wood, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Agreed. Many book sellers on Ebay use media mail. So far, I haven't personally had any problems getting it...eventually. :)

So, what is your opinion on Herman Cain's 999 plan?

Rebecca, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Luckily, Rebecca, you don't have tp put up with Boston mail :)

Herman Cain's 999 plan SOUNDS like a nice proposal. Of course, Congress would never pass it. But I wonder how much revenue it would actually create?

Corwin, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  9. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

The stimulus did not work. Democrats ( and company owners ) like Paul Otellini say so. Economic failure is going to be shoveled on the back of the taxpayers, who did not approve of the stimulus. Taxes are going to be raised on a large group of people who already are heavily burdened. Will they go the way of Greece or Iceland ?

Blue Star Ent., Sep 20, 2011 IP
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, I guess the 9% flat tax rate is just phase 1 for Cain. I found this PDF of Cain's tax plan. What he ultimately wants to do is go to phase 2, which is the "fair tax" where the government is mainly funded by taxing all retail sales (instead of taxing income).

Rebecca, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  11. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

It will be interesting whether this will culminate in an appropriate rebuttal by the Federal Reserve. Or for the Federal Reserve critics (Haters) their moment of glory they erroneously have sought.

It might be noted that McConnell and Kyl are minority representatives of their institutions and do not have standing to issue such a letter on their own - presumably doing so in accordance to the House.

The Federal Reserve is an independent Institution and what the Republicans are trying to do is wholly without merit.

Could the Republicans by actually believing their misconstrued rhetoric be impaling themselves on their own swards.....?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
    Breeze Wood, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it looks well thought out. But I wonder exactly how much revenue it would generate for the government?

Corwin, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  13. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seatbelts on folks, looks like you might be in for another bumpy ride. A safe journey to you all.

Bushranger, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  14. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

Wouldnt it be better just to say that the Central Bank is privately run? The answer to who runs
    it has already been answered a few days back in this thread.

Blue Star Ent., Sep 22, 2011 IP
  15. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We all know Goldman Sachs has inside men to the Fed at their New York branch. I mean why doesn't the US government just borrow treasury bonds directly from the treasury department? Why are they buying them off the banks, so the banks can add a margin, and further yet rip off the American people.

Running a global economy off perpetual debt is a fundamentally flawed concept too. Arguably a fraudulent monetary system. Centralization of power is the key issue and the banks and out to grab as much as possible. Maybe all these Illuminati conspiracy nut jobs are starting to look right after all.

Seqqa, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  16. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

I did not know that. If you have something for me to read on it, please post it. Why do we even have the Federal Reserve (Central Bank ) when our own laws make it legal for Congress to do the printing of money? 1913 seems to be the answer to that with the inclusion of the federal reserve act. Ron Paul seeks to audit the "Fed" and eventually do away with it.

17. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/orgchart/dudley.html

This will explain this better. Skip to 3:00

[video=youtube;PTUY16CkS-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k[/video]

Seqqa, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  18. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    It looks like he would lose his job if Paul got elected... :)

19. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once removed from your land because of the ideals defended and fought for by your founding fathers, the British Empire and the money changers who control it vowed to take the United States back by any means. Expectedly, over the many years decadence of the American citizenry, detaching the inalienable rights bestowed upon them from importance, would allow an opportunity of entry for the elite.

The constitution states that:

BRUm, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  20. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What interests does England have in re-claiming America? You saying there trying to reinstate their empire again?

Seqqa, Sep 23, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.