1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Sandbox FAQ

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aaron_nimocks, Apr 3, 2006.

1. bobwarner01

bobwarner01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sandbox is the punishment in short we can say . Here when we do over seo of any project or a website get many more links in a very short time or instantly. Google can penalize that website & it effects searching of that site.

bobwarner01, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  2. anna30

anna30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is there any trick to get our site out from sandbox.

anna30, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  3. costa blanca

costa blanca Peon

Best Answers:
    now you have really confused me, i have been told that my site is in the google sand box but when i search via the allanchor search i am on page 7 but if i do a normal google search my site can't be found.
    Please someone tell me where is my site listed in google? http://www.rabbit-hutchesuk.com

costa blanca, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  4. uncmonk27

uncmonk27 Peon

Best Answers:
    My sites just been sandboxed! Guess it could be a long wait to come out!

uncmonk27, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  5. Ariel Frost

Ariel Frost Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested to know about product descriptions being pulled from amazon by the wpzon plugin effecting rankings and causing a slap or a sandbox effect? If I create some original content around those amazon descriptions and reviews on each post will I still be safe after the new updates?

Ariel Frost, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  6. chiwan

chiwan Peon

Best Answers:
    thank's good post

chiwan, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  7. potshr

potshr Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, this is a new information to me, I always though that if you do link spamming, it would put your website in sandbox for some time? does anyone else think the same?

potshr, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  8. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Just found this information:

The Sandbox (a.k.a. Sandboxing or the sandbox effect or the Google penalty) is a name given to an observation about the way Google ranks web pages in its index. It is the subject of much debate—its existence has been written about[1][2] since 2004[3] but not confirmed, with several statements to the contrary.
    (Thank you, Wikipedia!)

For the newbies that are asking about how to get of the sandbox, it's pretty easy: Create quality content, build quality links (not too fast!) and suddenly you will see your site popping out of the sandbox and starting to appear in the SERPs. The sandbox is just temporary, unless you really screw up with your site and link building.

SEOTranslator, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  9. potshr

potshr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info SEO translator.Though I donot know about the affirmation like you, but I think putting in Sandbox should not be foreever for one reason that what if your website has been spammed by your competitor to get you down. Google cannot penalize you for life for that.However your answer is wonderful, getting quality links and putting quality content is worth paying.I have started working hard on that. - placeontop.com

potshr, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  10. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    The sandbox is pretty real - I had a couple of experiences with it with my own sites. You usually get into the sandbox if you build links too fast and not from quality places - it looks strange that a new site has very quickly a lot of links. Google has created the sandbox to prevent that spammy sites get to the top in a matter of days, displacing quality sites.

However, if you DO get quality links, and you have quality content, you will get out of the sandbox really fast.

SEOTranslator, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  11. potshr

potshr Peon

Best Answers:
    Google cannot do all this based on pre written codes or algorithm. There should be a portion of their vast manpower which will be doing a part of this manually too.

PlaceOnTop.com

potshr, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  12. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, this is pretty easy to program... far easier than many other things that Google can do. So I do not think that they use manual work for this, it would be insane due to the huge number of new sites that appear every day. As said, it's a quite simple algorithm, probably considering the age of the site, the growth of the number of links, a score of the content using Phase Based Indexing (check out the list of patents in the latest post of SEO by the SEA) and the quality of the backlinks. No big deal.

SEOTranslator, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  13. Giga_L

Giga_L Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had my site ( howtomakedoughnuts.com ) in "SANDBOX" ....
    Sandbox doesn't exist !!! Google programmers said that there's nothing like "sandbox" , every site disappears from google coz of its own problems, on page seo,off page seo etc

Giga_L, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  14. Arvind Sharma

Arvind Sharma Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]aaron_nimocks

Thanks You post giving me so useful information.Keep share more an more.

Arvind Sharma, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  15. todd ra

todd ra Peon

Best Answers:
    but why some keywords have to wait to get good ranking on the search engine ????

Why not alll?????????????

todd ra, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  16. snakeman

snakeman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it applies to both to new sites and also backlinks.In terms of the former, I have seen new domains and sites rank well for key words (usually front page, but not top), only to drop a few weeks later and usually never to be seen again (on page one anyway), unless the owner engages in a long hard SEO (backlinks) campaign, which sees the page re-emerge months later.In terms of backlinks, I have experience here in that we own a trademark and enforce our rights for the webpages, searches and the like and have to deal with bootleggers.Removed backlinks take ages to be recognised by google (most of the time)(usually months), and sometimes quickly (hours or days).Added backlinks, while indexed, do take a while to count towards your search results.Also of note, SEO (backlinks) on no follow pages also seem to assist rankings, even though it's claimed robots observe the no follow rules. My guess is that they may not index sites with no follow on them, but if the site is already indexed, and a no follow link turns up, google adds that to their ranking criteria as a backlink.All the bestSnakeman

snakeman, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  17. anna30

anna30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sandbox is nothing but not appearing in search result when search with specific keyword. To avoid Sandbox, update site with fresh content and improve backlinks.

anna30, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  18. backlinks-builder

backlinks-builder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I noticed that my new pages nearly always have very high CTR (click-through rates?), often up to 20-30%. but only for some weeks. Later it is down to a few % only. I think that Google offers the top positions to these URLs on the 2nd, 3rd etc pages of searches. This is the reason why the CTR is so high. In other words, Google gives than positions 21, 31, 41, etc. They do the same thing on YouTube when very fresh videos are at the top even though they have very few views.

backlinks-builder, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  19. snakeman

snakeman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are describing what I call new URL bounce. Eeven with little SEO, it seems common for new sites to rate high on page one of google only to drop over later weeks, even if more SEO is done on the sites.I think they look at their click through and holding rates for a while before using these results to "more accurately" place the pages in their results.I also think this is separate to the "sandbox" for backlinks, although obviously both in combination seem to give the final placement result on serp's.All the bestSnakeman

snakeman, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  20. backlinks-builder

backlinks-builder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe new pages are sometimes on page 1 of Google, but what I mean that new pages or URLs can be on the top for pages 2, 3, etc. This explains their high click through rate. I doubt that Google places new web pages on page 1 at all for competitive phrases, since if you search on Google for high, even medium competition words, you would not notice pages with no PR or PR1. And you could repeat the search several times, it would be the same URLs for page 1 of Google meaning that new pages get some advantage but not of the first page. Then it likely relates to pages 2, 3, etc..

backlinks-builder, Jan 21, 2012 IP