1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is adsense worth it Im thinking of giving up and trying something else

Discussion in 'General Business' started by broombroom, Sep 18, 2011.

Ive dabbled here and there with adsense sites and only made pennies. recently i decided to give it another go and made a few websites. obviously they are making virtually nothing after all that time and hard work making them and developing back links etc. Then i discovered the exact search tick box in adwords keyword tool so the keywords i previosuly thought were getting thousands were getting next to nothing hence why no traffic. I've found a keyword that gets just more than 100k exact searches a month and i built a site for it today. Now I'm thinking whats the point?I'm going to spend all day every day building back links and it will go no where even if it does get on the first page it will be a dissapointment. is it really worth all the hard work? for pennies?how much do you make and how do you do it

broombroom, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  2. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Keep building your sites. Make it very big and put loads of contents. Fill your website with useful content. Just don't give up.

nihangshah, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  3. broombroom

broombroom Member

Best Answers:
    I just hate putting so much effort in and getting absolutely nothing out of it.im not looking for a quick rich scheme even a 100$ a month would make me happy. its just no matter what I try its a waste of time. If I do work at this new site and get it first page.it gets 100k searches how much will that make in a month?I estimated 1000 with a 1% CTR plus there is affiliate to help boost even if CPC is low. would that be realistic to work for? my plan is to get nine of these kind of sites going at the same time.what do you think?

4. broombroom

broombroom Member

Best Answers:
    even if I made nothing but got a couple of thousand visitors a month I would be happy that would at least show something for my work

5. pbmann1213

pbmann1213 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're expecting overnight results. All the top dogs in the adsense game spent years to get to the point where they're at. Keep working, keep learning, and stay motivated. If you want to eat dinner, you gotta cook it first.

pbmann1213, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  6. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats why u have to enjoy what you do. otherwise, no job/work is worth the time, because you are going to die

thesickearth, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  7. Compuzone

Compuzone Member

Best Answers:
    Compuzone, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  8. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have never had much success with adsense, but the key is to constantly move your ads around so regular users of your site don't see them fade into the background.

sambling, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  9. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You hate putting effort into things and get nothing back? You sound like an idiot, you do realize that internet marketing is all about lots of small failures to find the successes. Not everything you do in life is going to be successful, learn from it and prefect your craft. My advice would be grow a set of balls and grow up or go home.

I know of a guy who owns 1 site, 9 months old and is doing close to $1,500 a month with it. So if he can do it, then why can't you do it? Go figure.

Seqqa, Sep 19, 2011 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
  10. SEOPunk

SEOPunk Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with you man adsense is not very profitable. You should try selling a good product of service rather than adsense because in adsense you won't make lots of money. Put your hard work into a more realistic goal where you can have maximum returns over your investment.

SEOPunk, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How ironic. Says the person who's got Adsense on the site in their signature.

Seqqa, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  12. nightteacher

nightteacher Member

Best Answers:
    I got a high CTR too, but low rate/click. I was trying amazon, but no success.

nightteacher, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  13. ContentFox

ContentFox Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO building "for adsense sites" is a waste of time. It's not marketing and it's not business, it's manual labour in the internet age. focus on building for-profit properties that are designed from the ground up to suck in cash. Selling products, media buys, etc there's a million ways but focus only on business models designed to make money.

ContentFox, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  14. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    adsense is all about working smart , one trick to make money on adsense is use your money to make you boring task easier .

Max Singapore, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  15. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every idiot and his dog has a product on the internet, plus you have to deal with product support. Media buying you're always one step away from broke, if it's not cash flow issues it's your campaigns are running away from you and and you're just about breaking a profit. Adsense is a 'business model' designed for you to make money. I honestly can't think of an easier way to make money than getting people clicking on an ad.

Seqqa, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  16. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Building sites for AdSense is the first mistake. Start building sites that help their readers so they will come back. Only than you will be able to make money wether you are using AdSense to monetise or also affiliate links an direct sold ads.

Sensei.Design, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  17. smarterseo

smarterseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I hate adsense, I highly recommend getting into lead generation, serious money in it

smarterseo, Sep 22, 2011 IP