1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Create a good domain name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by netdealer2009, Sep 6, 2011.

Ok, what I have learned and, it is not as much as I would like. But, here it is.

The first thing your domain must contain is at least, one of your keywords, let's say your keyword is "how to lose weight fast", well, "loseweightfast.com" would be a great domain name.

The second thing is that your domain name must have something intriguing and/or contradictory like.. "eatmoretoloseweight.com". Make sure to tell the truth, hehe.

You should also look for some number, something like.. "3secretstogetricher.com". It has something intriguing (secrets) and it has the number.

Well, that's my post for now, I hope it helps you.

Regards.

netdealer2009, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  2. ServerDealsDominic

ServerDealsDominic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips. I always believed that the name must not be too long and have a legit feel to it. Also the ending should be made with a more reputable ending like .com

ServerDealsDominic, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  3. ClickIn

ClickIn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One more thing, if it taken, insert "-" into it "lose-weight-fast.com".

ClickIn, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  4. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure the domain name you get is short and simple, easy to remember and spell it.
    Looking for .com extension or local country domain name will be the smarter choice
    Make sure that creative yet descriptive
    Domain name must be Brandable
    Please don’t contain hyphens or numbers
    and lastly contain keywords in the domain name

JerrickYeoh, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  5. netdealer2009

netdealer2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello clickIn, well, about that, I have always heard, like JerrickYeoh says, that it is better to use continued words, but, well, I made a search just 5 minutes ago, the keyword, how to make money online, and the very second website that came up is... 101waystomakemoney dot com and, as you can see, it isn't shorter but it does'n includes "-". But, the site that is on the number 9, iiisss... make-money-online-academy.co.uk..

The seventh place is fooorr howtomakemoneyonline dot com so, as you can see, the domain names are important not only for SEO but for you to get more clicks than your competition, and that is REALLY important.

I invite you to do the same exercise but with the keyword of my example, "how to lose weight fast", and I assure you that you will find very "long tail" domain names at the top of the results.

Best regards.

netdealer2009, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  6. mcwahl

mcwahl Member

Best Answers:
    I guess in my case I ended up choosing my name. My name seems fairly unique. I probably won't have too much competition for it. I guess you never know. When of the good things that I got with my domain is a choice of what I wanted because of who I went with. Different strokes for different folks. Thanks.

mcwahl, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  7. Marketmaker1

Marketmaker1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the use of dashes and keywords in your domain name is very useful. Great suggestions!

Marketmaker1, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  8. joca

joca Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Does somebody know, is there any influence on choosing TLD for seo. Will .com have better rankings than .net, and is it recommendable use f.e. .us or .uk ?

joca, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  9. vegasstrippers

vegasstrippers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't believe it when people say that .com and .net are at the same level. I think you have a fair chance at getting in the top of serps with .net, but if a competitor does an almost identical seo job as you with a .com, you're probably going to fall behind them.

vegasstrippers, Oct 12, 2011 IP