1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory submission back links, Its working or not

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by emenacinc, Sep 16, 2011.

Directory submission back links, Its working or not
    ===================================================================================

I want to know about the Importance of the directory submission regarding website back links issues.
    I have submitted more than 1000 directories in one month but I found that very little links has approved. It takes so long to approve. My question is, weather I need to continue submitting web directories or not.

Dose someone have any list of free auto approve directories list. I urgently need it.

emenacinc, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  2. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course directory submission give good amount of traffic and backlinks. Its one of the easiest and most effective seo methods of gaining traffic.

chinasa, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  3. agendapal

agendapal Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would suggest you that Directory submission is base of SEO. Yes it takes time to get approval but if you place them in right category then it could be really awesome for working. It can give you long term placement in SERPs.

agendapal, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  4. meol

meol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure that the directories have high rank. Most Directories will have to review your site and approve it if its of good quality. and normally it take up to a month.

Regarding directory submission i advice you to go for professional directory submission services like http://www.majon.com/index-new.html

meol, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  5. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission can definitely help your rankings.

On the other hand, you should look at the way you are building your links. Submitting to a thousand directories in a month is a ridiculous amount and there are better ways to spend your time. You should submit to less directories and be more selective. There is a lot of crap out there. Many free directories use a bait and switch approach and never get around to approving free submissions.

Your link building should comprise of a range of link types, like blog posts/comments, forum posts, social media links, articles... Add a hundred good directory links a month and you would be better off. You should also look into directories from your niche or your region (if applicable).

P.S. Stay away from auto-approve directories.

CanadianEh, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  6. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    1000 backlinks at a time is not good for SEO. It may send your site to sand box. Remember quality is more important than quantity. So, make good quality backlinks and take real benefit from it for a long time. It takes some time to index most of the links. You will not get all the links indexed at all. Wait and see.

faysal969, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  7. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yea they are very helpful ..but not magical ...

w3bmaster, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  8. Kavel

Kavel Peon

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse they are great to work on and are helpful too.

Kavel, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  9. riysoft

riysoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Try blog comments they are much better than directory submission.

riysoft, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  10. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    If its a new site definetly we need to do directory submission plus do social bookmarking also.

Prasseo, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  11. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Back links from Quality Web Directories still worth, but make sure you are not posting in Junk Directories

asghar.paracha, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  12. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting backlinks from the high pr & niche directories then it will helps to get quality bcklinks... so try with high pr directories, it will help..

Kiranraj, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  13. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submissions are working but after the launch of Google Panda update, the value of links that are coming to your site from such sites then these links have less value, They will not work well to increase the PR of your site.

unknownpray, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  14. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    start the directory but only chose related categories and also other work bookmark and blog posting , article posting

Irfi0009, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  15. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Building backlinks take time. These links need to be crawled by search engines first before they will be tracked back to your site. If you submit to 10 directories today, it doesn't mean you get 10 backlinks from them tomorrow.

Take your time building backlinks naturally and be patient. The following post on link building methods might help you.

affilorama, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  16. superyacht

superyacht Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory submission backlinks is working.

superyacht, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  17. ibii

ibii Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah directories take time to approve links and they are useful as well. You can use some other methods for quick results like blog commenting, profile links, signatures etc.

ibii, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  18. woody allen

woody allen Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Social Monkee. For my company, we do around 3-8k of article submission. Even that, we can see minimal effect. Maybe you can try improving on in page SEO instead.

woody allen, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  19. khan21

khan21 Banned

Best Answers:
    Off course Directory submission is best ways to get backlinks. you submit your site in high pr directories it will help you. Most directories get take some time to approve...

khan21, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  20. majon

majon Peon

Best Answers:
    meol: Thanks for the recommendation

unknownprey: Good Point about the Panda update effecting directories.

However I would like to think it overall effected the content spinning, forums spamming, and mass blog posting the most. Directories are still a very valuable source of links and especially when you have very high authority domains. I'm overall very happy with the Panda update it has really brought SEO back to your site has to have good organic SEO.

majon, Oct 7, 2011 IP