1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for Tips on SEO local

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by JoeScro, Sep 14, 2011.

I have a site at www.dentist-lasvegas.net and I need help on local seo for this site. I done blogging, and local forums but not really getting any results. What other things can I do to promote the rank?

JoeScro, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  2. cr0n1cal

cr0n1cal Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you I would put my site on a paid campaign in Adwords. There you have a option for example to display the advert only for those who are in Las Vegas, or just for those who are less then 100 km from Las Vegas. This way you should have a quite big convertion ratio.

Good luck!

cr0n1cal, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  3. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    Have you claimed your listing in Google Places, Yelp, Yahoo Local and Bing Local yet? If not do so and make sure your business name, address and phone number matches perfectly in all of those as well as any other directories (angie's list, dentist directories) or yellow page sites (super pages, yellow pages, etc.) on the internet.

Also, when filling our your website information on these sites make sure to complete everything (description, services, categories, photos, hours, etc.) as much as possible, and include keywords in your description and services.

revium, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  4. az55rb7955

az55rb7955 Peon

Best Answers:
    revium's advice is very good. It's time-consuming - but that is what works!

az55rb7955, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  5. JoeScro

JoeScro Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done all of the above, but finding local forums/blogs to post in for backlinking is very challenging. I just checking to make sure I didn't miss anything along the organic Seo Practice.

JoeScro, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  6. SMC007

SMC007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mabey try doing a local facebook ad campain. ppc getting too high now a days. Also get a fan page if you dont already.

SMC007, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  7. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Building links from non local sites helps try it ...

w3bmaster, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  8. patrick0001

patrick0001 Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure i understand your question. Let me try to answer.

Yes you have to claim your listing in Google places, next you need maintain certain number of keyword density of the country and state. For example if I targeted seo to list at Google Malaysia, then I my meta tag as seo company kuala lumpur malaysia.

patrick0001, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  9. sophie1986

sophie1986 Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you friend, filling up detailed information in all these directories will ensure good rankings not only in the local search engines but in major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, etc.
    Also, for more quick results, plz do not forget to regularly update your information and enhance your listings.

sophie1986, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  10. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add your website in local business center.
    Try to get backlinks from the local website
    add your website in local classified ads sites

Kiranraj, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  11. Nyagoslav

Nyagoslav Peon

Best Answers:
    In fact, it is proven that on-site SEO is much more important for local search than off-site link building. I've heard numerous fellow experts saying that they have NEVER built a backlink and still rank for very competitive keywords only with on-site SEO.

What you can start with is make sure you have you phone number and address listed on every page of the website (in the footer would be great, or in the side bar, or in both). Embed a Google map on your contact us page, write your target city and business name in the first header, than you might write your phone number in the second header. Use the title tag to put a few keywords with location marker, and write a good thoughtful meta description, including at least 1-2 of your main target keywords.

Hope this helps!

Greetings,
    Nyagoslav
    OptiLocal

Nyagoslav, Sep 18, 2011 IP