1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Speed Of Website will affect Your SEO strategy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by DanielJames, Sep 15, 2011.

If your website is taking time to load then it will decrease the efficiency of your website, visitors will not come back to your website and ultimately your ranking will go downward as major search engines such as Google and yahoo will take notice about website load time and they give points to a site who has good load speed.

Now days many websites are on WordPress so I wan tto share a link about how you can increase the speed of your wordpress and you can find it here http://tiny.cc/30ncy

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
    DanielJames, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  2. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    Page loading speed is really very important of ranking in search engine. Thanks for sharing your link.

faysal969, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  3. JashLee

JashLee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, We can not say that all thing depends on website speed but it improves website search engine position.

JashLee, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  4. InvictaWebs

InvictaWebs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the information, really helpful :) Even if SEO is not affected by website speed, we still want a fast website for our users or else they will leave through fustration!

InvictaWebs, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  5. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has this topic will documented at http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/docs/rules_intro.html FireFox has a Page Speed add-on that is extreamly helpful.

Here is a list of topics that you need to address:
    Leverage browser caching
    Enable compression
    Defer parsing of JavaScript
    Specify a cache validator
    Minify HTML
    Minify JavaScript
    Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header
    Avoid CSS @import
    Avoid bad requests
    Combine images into CSS sprites
    Enable Keep-Alive
    Inline Small CSS
    Inline Small JavaScript
    Make landing page redirects cacheable
    Minify CSS
    Minimize redirects
    Minimize request size
    Optimize images
    Optimize the order of styles and scripts
    Prefer asynchronous resources
    Put CSS in the document head
    Remove query strings from static resources
    Serve resources from a consistent URL
    Serve scaled images
    Specify a character set
    Specify image dimensions
    Defer loading of JavaScript
    Remove unused CSS
    Use efficient CSS selectors

catanich, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  6. joeuk

joeuk Peon

Best Answers:
    It's definitely a contributory factor in the SERPS but I'm not sure your site would lose rankings based on that alone. Thanks for the link however!

joeuk, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  7. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot say how large of a factor site speed has in rankings, but I think it plays a larger role then many people think. I have seen rankings improve when pages load faster and drop when the pages slow down (sometimes only 1 or 2 spots, but that can have a big impact on traffic). Of course this is not conclusive that site speed is the direct reason for the ranking changes, but I have seen it happen quite a few times and I believe it is having some affect.

Google is passionate and almost fanatical about site speed, and if you doubt that fact, just look at the code for the Google homepage. They leave out the closing body and html tags which helps to make the pages load faster by milliseconds, and it decreases the bandwidth requirements slightly which can have an impact when you are serving billions of pages.

Omitting optional tags keeps your HTML formally valid, while decreasing your file size and making your code look much leaner. In a typical document, this can mean 5-20 % savings. Applying this and a few other techniques in our Privacy Centers, we managed to save about 20 % of the original file size.
    http://code.google.com/speed/articles/optimizing-html.html

revium, Sep 17, 2011 IP