1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Passive income

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lelkoun, Sep 15, 2011.

Hi guys. Is there any other way to make money via a passive income than profiting from online advertising as a webmaster (banner ads etc)?
    I had a site which I just sold. It was earning about 200 USD per a month. But I had to work on it really hard, so this kind of profit is not for me.

I am not familiar with earning money on the english speaking internet - my website was targeted to non-english speaking people in a small country.
    Do you have any tips? I will be glad for any advices you can give me. Thanks.

lelkoun, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  2. GlobeNat

GlobeNat Peon

Best Answers:
    Have a look at affiliate offers - there are a lot of different affiliate networks etc. - you promote their offers with banners, links etc. and get a commission from every sale.

GlobeNat, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  3. lelkoun

lelkoun Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean that I should create a page about a certain product which I would propagate via PPC? Is it profitable on the english speaking internet?
    I know about this kind of income, but I have never tried it. So I am a little bit sceptical.

lelkoun, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah pay other people to do the shit you don't want to do, that's called outsourcing. That's where real passive income comes from. You make money from the hard work of other people.

Seqqa, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  5. lelkoun

lelkoun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heh, good point, you are absolutely right! Why didn't I get this idea before? :)

Anyway, do you know about any other kinds of income? I know about stocks etc, but I did not try it yet.
    Do you think it is worth it? What stock programs do you use?

lelkoun, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  6. rickyfantana

rickyfantana Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, aside from adsense and BSA. You should try being an affiliate.

rickyfantana, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  7. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stocks that pay a dividend, Preferred stock (buying debt), bonds (government/private debt), rental property, niche authority sites, niche sites, micro niche sites. Being a partner in a business. Like owning a cafe for example, having more than one owner. Investing, ETF's, unit trusts, mutual funds, funds, (i.e, private equity fund, hedge fund).

For example if you where investing for income and had $1 million, with a cocktail of different low risk and higher risk investments you could probably get a return close to around 8% a year or around $80,000 for doing nothing apart from managing your investment portfolio. It is possible to get an dividend yield of 10% a year without betting the ranch on anything.

Seqqa, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no easy money ...

w3bmaster, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  9. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    you can start with affiliation, blogging, PPC and so on but all are with sign of -

rising_sun, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  10. MattVit

MattVit Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. If money came easy, we'd all be billionaires!

MattVit, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree, I got a payout yesterday from some premium bonds I own. I did nothing to earn that, I didn't even buy the bonds I got given them as a gift. But I find peoples theory that money has some kind of scarcity interesting. Money is created out of debt, so if you want money just loan some more money. If you don't want to trade your time to replay the loan, do some arbitrage. Pay someone less money than you make with that loan to replay the loan.

Money isn't hard. People want to spend money, you've just go to create something that's attractive enough to make them part with their cash.

Most people are sheeple, their mind is a closed loop and they'll never accumulate any kind of wealth.

Seqqa, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  12. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    if it was easy everybody would do it ;) there are ways but it takes a lot of time to get there

Sensei.Design, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  13. MattVit

MattVit Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, we aren't talking about money you didn't earn. What a stupid comment. Of course money is 'easy' if you're GIVEN it as a gift. Same with winning the lottery.

If you have money, it's easy to make more money. That's the category you fit in.

And re: sensei.design's comments - spot on. If it were 'easy', why isn't everyone rich? Answer that, please.

I'll answer it for you, as you seem to be a bit of a sheep - feeding off grain (aka gifts) of others. The word WEALTH means you have an abundance of something. Not everyone can be wealthy, otherwise no one would have an abundance or excess of money, as it would all be relative.

MattVit, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  14. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Because most people have no desire to become wealthy or don't believe it's possible. Hence their closed looped mindset. I think your idea of earning money is all mixed up, why does the hard working factory worker make only $7 an hour and the day trader who just sits there and clicks a mouse make $1,000 a day and $1m+ in annual bonuses.

One job is easier than the other, weird how the easier one make more than the hard one. Maybe you're retarded (I don't know you do there is a possibility), but let me quote and bold some key points from what Wikipedia describe as "passive income", after all that is the title of the thread.

"Passive income is an income received on a regular basis, with little effort required to maintain it.

The American Internal Revenue Service categorizes income into three broad types, active (earned) income, passive income, and portfolio income. It defines passive income as income from "trade or business activities in which you do not materially participate."[1] Other financial and government institutions also recognize it as an income obtained as a result of capital growth or in relation to negative gearing. Passive income is usually taxable."

You'll notice that active (earned) income, is not Passive Income. Passive income, isn't earned income. I know the concept is complicated but read it out loud a few times and it'll start to stick for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_income

Seqqa, Sep 17, 2011 IP
    lelkoun likes this.
  15. MattVit

MattVit Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice. You sound like a 15 year old kid. "Maybe you're retarded (I don't know you do there is a possibility)". Lol, "I don't know you do there is a possibility".

Keyword in that definition is 'to MAINTAIN it'. That definition has nothing to do with GETTING to that stage, which is usually 'not easy'. You also fail to recognise that the day trader is a qualified person with (possibly) a University education, or at least some work experience, whereas the factory worker usually doesn't have this.

How thick are you? You call people retarded, but you yourself exhibit strong indicators of having some kind of mental defect - at least, you lack basic logic.

I love how you base your entire argument (a failed one at that) on a couple of quotes from Wikipedia.

MattVit, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  16. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No I didn't fail to recognize anything, we're talking about passive income an the ability to earn money. Which has nothing to do with how many bullshit qualifications you have from Ivy League schools. Most people in industry don't give a shit what school you went to, all they care about is your ability to learn.

Most people who become day traders aren't part of any lottery system, any lucky sperm club, didn't come from an ivy league school there just normal people with any average Joe Blogs degree. There's an equal number of people who finish up university who go and get a job at McDonald's, There's an equal number of people with the same qualifications who get a job in the city with a $30k base salary excluding any bounces.

You make out that being wealthy, and earning a lot of money is like being struck by lighting. That it just happens to you, and that being poor is equally the same. Personality, drive and determination have nothing to do with it at all. There's been homeless who have become millionaires, so any excuses you can think of are almost all total bullshit to why you can never amount to anything and achieve anything you want to.

The only think that will ever stop you achieving what you want will be you. Because if you want something enough, you'll make it happen no matter what stands in your way.

Seqqa, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  17. northhillls007

northhillls007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, If you want to earn passive income by posting articles on various sites, you should try triond, infobarrel, squidoo, hubpages, xomba.com. They offer a good way of earning money and if you want articles to post on these sites, you can contact me and I can write fresh articles for you at the rate of 1USD PER ARTICLE OF 500 WORDS.

Thanks and Good Luck

northhillls007, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  18. chiQ

chiQ Peon

Best Answers:
    Hear this one out.

chiQ, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  19. Compuzone

Compuzone Member

Best Answers:
    how about building 100 autoblogs? if one autoblog could earn just $10/month then 100 autoblogs x $10 = $1000/month. anyone tried it?

Compuzone, Sep 18, 2011 IP