1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing vs Press Release?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by teohcl, Sep 8, 2011.

When coming to product promotion, Articles marketing or Press Release is more effective? The reason was I have tried Press Release and the outcome was not what I have expected. Any idea? Please help. Thanks

teohcl, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  2. celestrist

celestrist Peon

Best Answers:
    What was you expecting?
    Maybe you be more specific about what you want.

celestrist, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  3. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Press Release & Article submission both are useful. There are lot of Press Release websites. Search on Google and follow the previous discussions in this forum.

sisatel, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  4. mindinventory

mindinventory Peon

Best Answers:
    Press Release need good content,and get the traffic.

mindinventory, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  5. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of promoting, you should use press release. It will definitely give u good traffic. You can also use social networking as it gives your site or product good exposure.

chinasa, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  6. articlewritingservicess

articlewritingservicess Peon

Best Answers:
    "Press Release" is a part of "Article Marketing", its not seperate.. Remember oen thing.. For everyone all the things you do wont work, Do only those things what works for you better.. And in your case, i guess its becasue of trageting wrong keywords.. pls make sure that.

articlewritingservicess, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  7. StillIRise

StillIRise Peon

Best Answers:
    Press releases are good for burst traffic and if you build links around it with articles it can give you a steady stream of traffic for awhile depending on how long you are willing to stay on top of it. You can't just do a press release and expect magical things to happen. always do more than what you think you need to do and then draw conclusions on what works well and what doesn't.

StillIRise, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  8. mikeavery11

mikeavery11 Member

Best Answers:
    Press Release and article marketing both are useful. You may find there are lot of Press Release websites.

mikeavery11, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  9. ridem

ridem Member

Best Answers:
    Quality press release sites are usually paid or a $500 budget or so would be recommended with a PR company that has the proper connections to get your news well worded and published.
    Article marketing is just some sort of all-most spam if you ask me.

ridem, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  10. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    To interest publishers in yours press relase you need to have good content. It mean you need to invest your time, your money or both to get results.

adbash, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  11. asoltech

asoltech Peon

Best Answers:
    Article is better.

asoltech, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  12. Gaurav01

Gaurav01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission and Press release both are important and useful but you must post good content and also specific place...

Gaurav01, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  13. JakeSmithOZ

JakeSmithOZ Member

Best Answers:
    both are effective but i find press release much faster promotion

JakeSmithOZ, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  14. carolynccourtney

carolynccourtney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    both will give you backlinks, only different font. Various types of links as the articles, and press are different than you need to improve your SEO.

carolynccourtney, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  15. DavidWincent

DavidWincent Peon

Best Answers:
    Press Releases are highly effective if done right. I don't know how it didn't work in your case. What were you expecting? Can you be little more specific so that it will be easier to assist you?

DavidWincent, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  16. JamesHall

JamesHall Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me, press release is more effective when it comes to product promotion. But it demands high quality content to get traffic.

JamesHall, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  17. fantasticate

fantasticate Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I think both article marketing and press release are helpful for traffic generation if the content of them is attracting. It is diffucult to say which is better.

fantasticate, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  18. loveson1

loveson1 Member

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is the old and true method of generating back-links.(maybe traffic too) some put articles on their own site than use social bookmarking, and others spin multiple versions to post on numerous article sites. Although there seem to be some debate whether having the same article on both your personal blog and article website has negative effect on ranking.(does it count as duplicate content and therefore punished)

Press Release Marketing tends to focus on being in the tiny news section on the first page of the search results. Although, it's been hailed as an easier and faster way to get on page 1 of a search, I have some reservation. As press releases get included in the tiny news section, my press releases could be pushed out really fast(in seconds) by the newer press releases or legitimate news stories. There doesn't seem to be much of an upside, especially if the target keyword is even remotely competitive.

Do Articles and Press Releases get treated differently in terms of ranking? They both have backlinks. But are backlinks from articles and press releases equal?

Eager to hear your thoughts.

Thank you

loveson1, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  19. sumeetmbi

sumeetmbi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello,the key factor of getting your Article visible to viewer is circulation. I mean if you realy want to generate good traffic at your article, then you need to circulate it on all social network, blog sites/kind of hint on forums. See, the visibility of any article is very important in product promotion. And article traffic will definately help you to improve PR of your website.cheers!

sumeetmbi, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  20. DickGomes

DickGomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Press release is more effective than Article marketing if done in proper way.

DickGomes, Mar 4, 2012 IP