1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR Reduced in just 1 month

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ourscompany, Sep 8, 2011.

Greetings members,

After last Page Rank ( PR) update some of our sites PR increase from NA to Pr 3 and Pr 4. After 1 month ( we normally know PR update after 6 months minimum) some of our sites PR reduce 1. Like the site which had PR 4 now Pr 3

Can you help me to understand why this happening ? I am not able to understand the reason.

Thanks in advance.

ourscompany, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  2. slmgroup

slmgroup Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, people can make only assumptions about why it dropped down. Google knows the best as they have changed it.

However my recommendation for now will be that you try to get some solid backlinks for your website(s) and hopefully you'll notice a positive change in PR.

Hope that helps.

Sarah

slmgroup, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PR can be updated anytime as google want, that's no fix period

lifeplayer, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  4. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    I have also seen increasing and suddenly decreasing Page Rank of several websites but the reason only Google knows.

born_star16, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  5. ctrlfreak

ctrlfreak Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be concerned with PR unless you are pimping out your links. Try focusing on your keyword ranking results and more importantly relevant niche traffic - in the end isn't that what we all optimize for anyways?

ctrlfreak, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  6. ourscompany

ourscompany Peon

Best Answers:
    @ctrlfreak yes i agree with you - at the end traffic and more revenue matters, but sometimes some questions; like i asked; need to know so that easy to explain other members in group.
    @lifeplayer thanks for the information that there is no such fixed time period for PR update. This makes more sense. I had wrong perception.

I also know PR is not a very big factor for online success but when you work for clients some clients like to care for PR only (despite explanation and evedence) so it always good to keep update in various aspects.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Appreciated !

ourscompany, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  7. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one can say for sure or certain when the next update will be or how frequently the algo is updated. We can only keep guessing.

unknownpray, Sep 10, 2011 IP