1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which SEO activites do you think its just waste of time after panda update????

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John Lewis sales, Sep 6, 2011.

1. 30oser

30oser Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most links have some value as long as they are on sites that are relevant. I also think that most of the bulk links that you can obtain from article marketing and directories are of very low value, but some value. I rank links on a scale. You likely need a hundred links from directories and article sites to equal a link on a PR4 site from a manufacturer of a product that you sell. Maybe more! It's as much an art as a science and it changes all the time.

30oser, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  2. perfectionj

perfectionj Peon

Best Answers:
    Since panda update all about finding quality content for a heap of website. So you must create quality content for your every web pages.

perfectionj, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  3. amherstsowell

amherstsowell Peon

Best Answers:
    A huge amount of directories submission is waste of time do only quality directories submissions.

amherstsowell, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  4. Blaize

Blaize Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have seen various people offering software such as blog content farming, also I think it is best doing and writing articles that can catch peoples attention and submit them manually.

Blaize, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  5. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    concentrate on your content quality.

jhardy2008, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  6. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    I still do directory submission and I make sure its will be approve. I stop doing artcle submission.

Excel 8, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  7. seolabs

seolabs Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we just need to focus more about how to really give relevance to our own pages. Onsite factors, conversion techniques, branding and information architecture are really the best tools aside from just getting backlinks senselessly

Quality over quantity is key, and I do also concur that no activity has gone to waste not until you exploit that activity. So we should just focus on the ethical stuffs.

seolabs, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  8. amiyo cast

amiyo cast Peon

Best Answers:
    Well for me, article submission and directory submission are still can help in site's ranking. Also, I do much preferred doing blogs to boost my site and of course updating the content of the site regularly. Also, social networks can be a good help depending on how you use it, what you are promoting, and how convincing your promo is.

amiyo cast, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  9. hocpana

hocpana Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Blog commenting is very difficult, because it needs to approve.

hocpana, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  10. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    What about the no follow tag? This comes standard with most blogs. This because most of us abuse rather than use. It's abuse that complicates link building. And the first question you need to ask yourself is how you can make yourself useful? How can you contribute to the resource where you hope to place your link. Yes, it is a lot more difficult to add value. It takes a whole lot more time to find these resources. But if you do adopt a constructive work ethic you will end up with a lot more links which have a long term value. And those are the only sort of links you want.

Low value links fall over and have to be replaced. That is hard work. That takes time. What is difficult is finding links that are not low value. And the sort of stuff I would like to see on these sort of forums are lists of do follow blogs which are painstakingly moderated and spam free. These are the sort of communities everyone wants to join and to contribute to.

khanter, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  11. Habbakuk

Habbakuk Peon

Best Answers:
    To everyone who says that article marketing is a waste of time after the Panda updates, it's probably always been a waste of time for you if you submit to hundreds of auto-approve directories. Besides, you are only adversely affected if you depend on traffic directly from your articles. As far as having the articles as a form of backlinks for your SERPs, i dont think it has changed much.

Habbakuk, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  12. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think article submission has taken a huge hit after Panda 2.2, but since Google never reveals exactly what it is targetting there is some confusion on what article submission sites to avoid

golfpro1, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  13. tothemax

tothemax Peon

Best Answers:
    I think thin pages like profile links aren't useful at all unless you add a big about me section so there is sme unique content on the page

tothemax, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  14. 7sk

7sk Member

Best Answers:
    nice discussion, such discussions are really informative for newbies

7sk, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  15. pratiknet

pratiknet Peon

Best Answers:
    In my Opinion, Content is King and the Good content will be noticed by Search bots anyhow. I think After Panda Update ... Only Content Copiers will go down rest all will remain same.

pratiknet, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  16. Jonah_fish

Jonah_fish Guest

Best Answers:
    No SEO activity is a waste, just don't over do one particular area i.e submit articles to more than 6-10 sites.

Jonah_fish, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  17. ctrlfreak

ctrlfreak Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submissions never go outta style. Keep it up, just verify the directories have value.

ctrlfreak, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  18. seooutsourcingco

seooutsourcingco Peon

Best Answers:
    None of these are a waste of time.

Panda is a 'Quality' update ... not acting against methods of generating links.

All the activities should be carried out with 'Quality' in mind.

seooutsourcingco, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  19. willtr3

willtr3 Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Softwebsolutions thanks that article is great! Also yes I do still believe article submission does still work for SEO

willtr3, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  20. AnotherIdol

AnotherIdol Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that the most popular forms of SEO have had changes in their algorithm. Blog Commenting, Article Submission and Spinning (content) have all had an effect. It is now all about quality content and backlinks. I think this change is good as it only leads to utilizing the best in all of the three forms mentioned.

AnotherIdol, Sep 9, 2011 IP