1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I change Domain Name in Same Hosting?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by EMEDDIE, Sep 4, 2011.

I currently have a website/blog that I started a month ago, and I know this is the right niche for me, so I want to change niche. I want to buy a different domain name, but I paid hostgator for a year. Can I still use the current hosting I have even if I get another domain? How would I be able to fix this and change all the info? I only have the hosting account to support one domain, so I would have to remove my current domain address and add the new one.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie

EMEDDIE, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  2. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your plan doesn't support add-on domains then yes this is your only option unless you upgraded to their baby plan which allows for multiple domains in one hosting account. Contact HostGator's support and they will help you out. Best of luck!

micksss, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  3. no_more

no_more Peon

Best Answers:
    Why you cant!

no_more, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  4. shahilroyhere

shahilroyhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should be able to change your primary domain. This is normally provided by all the hosting providers. I also have account in somewhat similar hosting provider, difference is I can host multiple domains in there which is not the case with HostGator I think. So just ping their customer support and ask them the question directly. I am sure the answer should be YES.

shahilroyhere, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  5. shinarix

shinarix Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should be able to change it but Don't forget to redirect the old domain

shinarix, Sep 7, 2011 IP