1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Comments on Blogs, Do You Accept Them?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ronharper, Sep 1, 2011.

I recently tried out a new blog venture and I've gotten a lot of spam comments, as well as some automated ones.

Do you accept any spam ones just to add some life to a new blog, or do you wipe them out completely?

I personally block out every and all duplicate ones that I find. So for each non-spam comment that I read, I make sure to search it on Google if it has been used already somewhere else, identically.

ronharper, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  2. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I had a new blog, I'd probably leave some of the spam comments, just to have something. I'd delete all their links though and maybe change the commentator's name to something real.

These days I just delete all spam comments. I get plenty of the comments that just copy a previous commentator, and sometimes those get through, but I manually 'spam' them.

MTbiker, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  3. freejing

freejing Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm , i will agree with some of them !

freejing, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  4. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've noticed a lot of spammy comments on my extreme sports blog and it has only been up and running for a week! So far I've been deleting anything that I can tell is completely spam and anything that is coming from blog commenting software. I'm also being a bit like a grammar Nazi and deleting anything that just doesn't sound right... I'm hoping it will pay off in the future :-s

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  5. laborattorney

laborattorney Peon

Best Answers:
    A comment must be real and not spammy. This is also to give credit to the writer and show that a person who is commenting actually read the blog or the article.The commenter can also add information or suggest anything about the topic so that other readers will find it useful and informative.

laborattorney, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  6. ronharper

ronharper Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked what laborattorney said about how the comment should show that there was something related to the article in the comment.

I also agree with what you guys said about how, like, to get a blog started, it's acceptable to condone a few spam comments.

ronharper, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  7. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if my blog is new, I usually try to delete the spam comments. If you are using Akismet, they would probably be caught and not even show up in your pending comments. It might be good to see the numbers, but if real visitors read the comments, then it will not give a good impression of your website.

domainnamesalez, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  8. viteb

viteb Peon

Best Answers:
    Some thing interesting here.
    I agree that for new blog, spam comments with changing name to unique one, will be helpful, Here is noce logic to make blog SE friendly and popular.
    Great Idea. Thanks for sharing nice tips for blog commenting.

viteb, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Heck no! They are contributing nothing to the post and just posting crap to get a link.

dcristo, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  10. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    If the comment is anyway related to post then approve it and if same comment is coming again and again then except the first one and report others as spam.

born_star16, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  11. bobwarner01

bobwarner01 Peon

Best Answers:
    So ways, purely refers to spam.

bobwarner01, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  12. shahilroyhere

shahilroyhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If anyhow you find that they are generating discussions or contributing something for our blog then only should approve them, maybe even if they are duplicate. Out of a 300-1000 words of unique content, even 50-60 words of duplicate content is a blog's comment doesn't actually affect search engines. Mostly they are not so much valued just as forum signatures.

But if anyway they are not contributing anything to the whole scenario then just mark them spam.

shahilroyhere, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  13. Sort your finances out

Sort your finances out Peon

Best Answers:
    I delete all spam comments, unless they specifically relate to my post.

Sort your finances out, Sep 20, 2011 IP