1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help me make a choice

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by jennex05, Sep 4, 2011.

I'm setting up a new blog on blogger where i'll be teaching web and programming courses like html,css,javascript,php,java,xml,seo/blogging etc.
    I intend having a "subscribe via email" box.But i'm thinking, not everyone would want to be bugged by my mails on all these courses.For instance one might want to get updates on seo/blogging and not java/php.How do i take care of this?
    I'v thought of creating subdomains for the various courses and have different feeds for them.but at the same time it looks clumsy to me(so many feeds in a site).
    Or does any one have any better idea of how i could do this better.

jennex05, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  2. izwannizam

izwannizam Peon

Best Answers:
    i think subdomains are better to cater all those courses and if you put all those feeds properly , it wouldn't look clumsy

izwannizam, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  3. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are willing to switch to wordpress for your website then you don't need to think too much. You can simply create categories for each of the course and have separate feeds at <site.com>/archives/category/<category>/feed.

This is a built in feature in Wordpress so you wouldn't have to do any coding to get separate feeds.

domainnamesalez, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  4. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use autoresponder to get your subscribers? There are lots of free or paid service. I suggest use different campaign for each topic of the autoresponder. So you build your asset & happy blogging.

karmaseo, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  5. shahilroyhere

shahilroyhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having more than 1 feed on a blog is not bad but good. I think you might not need different sub domains to have different feeds. There should be some options in blogger also to get category wise feeds.

Just make sure when you have feeds for categories separately, you should also have a feed for the whole site as well.

shahilroyhere, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  6. hherro

hherro Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use categories feed. The feed URL for the category will be like this :

hxxp://www.yourBlogName.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/YourCategory

You can do whatever you want. Either burn this feed in feedburner or give away the raw feed to your subscribers. No need to create subdomains.

hherro, Sep 8, 2011 IP