1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE is dead.

Discussion in 'Bing' started by animationgeek, Apr 4, 2011.

1. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    based on my stats IE is still the king, but it drops dramatically, Firefox is on its way to the crown :)

Chrome? Doesnt work on my system (Windows 7).

N_F_S, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  2. Ambassy

Ambassy Peon

Best Answers:
    The only reason why IE has such a huge market share is because people are forced to use IE when they purchase a new computer.

Ambassy, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one is forced to not download Firefox or Chrome, but the vast majority of computer users don't have a clue - they think that all they can use is IE.

Rukbat, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  4. AnotherIdol

AnotherIdol Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, this isn't suprising. IE is so susceptible to viruses and other forms of bad content and has been known for this for years. The only people that I can see still using IE are people that are either comfortable with it and can't be bothered to find, learn and use a new browser or newbies to computing and the Internet. A lot of people are now using FireFox and Chrome as their default browsers.

AnotherIdol, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  5. India Forum

India Forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone that believes IE is dead probably also believes that Windows is no longer in use and everyone has switched over to Macs and other Operating systems.

Not everyone is computer savvy. Tons of noobs use Internet Explorer because they have no idea there's another browser available.

India Forum, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  6. kellylsn

kellylsn Peon

Best Answers:
    From my point of view, it is true that IE is dead. Because chrome and firefox is very excellent.

kellylsn, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  7. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chrome is overhyped thing, its really like BETA version. On my machine it doesnt load the page randomly, especially images. I searched for this problem on google and I found maaaaaany people with the same problem, and there's no fix to it. just search in google for "chrome doesn't load images" and see yourself.

This is what Im talking about:

http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/4098000/4098382_4554_625x625.jpg
    http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/4098000/4098494_a877_625x625.jpg

and yes, I do have the latest version installed :) Seems like this is a problem from 2009 year.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    N_F_S, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    @N_F_S - If Chrome had such an issue, everyone would be talking about it, yet you are the first person I've ever heard having this problem. You can Google for just about anything and find links talking about it but the world is filled with people with bad installs. Chrome does NOT have issues with loading images and what you show is most likely missing images from those sites and nothing to do with Chrome.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  9. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Missing images? Do you realize that if you hit refresh they suddenly load fine? And its not just on one website, how come I can see those missing images with IE/Firefox/Opera? Before saying anything do a research, there are plenty of information on this on all languages and the problem is the SAME:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    N_F_S, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  10. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    drhowarddrfine, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  11. Shimurai

Shimurai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    here are my website stats:
    [​IMG]
    Image Hosting Provided By: rcUPLOAD

Many people still using IE to visit my website, so I recommend you take some time and fix your design so it looks good on all web browsers.

Shimurai, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  12. xluciusx

xluciusx Peon

Best Answers:
    You'd actually be surprised how many people I come across on a day to day basis that are ever persistent about there sites working on IE..especially versions like IE6. Still has about 8% of the market share according to an article I was reading the other day.

True, but to an extent, most people these days buying a new computer end up getting curious about downloading chrome or firefox from an ad they may see, or from a friend telling them, or even from them seeing it on someone else's computer..IE, most likely will never "truly" die due to it's maker.

Despite chrome and firefox being excellent, some people are still stuck in there ways. Some companies don't allow there employees to have any other browser except for IE..particularly IE7..and developers/designers have to make sure there sites work on all these platforms..so who truly in this age long debate can say IE is dead and we move on to a better browser..something that gives chrome and firefox a challenge to be even better.

These stats could depend on quite a few factors, like the type of site you have amd the demographic it's catering to. From using Google analytics and other site statistic tracking programs it can drastically be a win for firefox and chrome on the east of the states, to being a overwhelming win for IE in the midwest..(two hypothetical scenarios).

Just a bit of food for thought..

xluciusx, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  13. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with some points, with all due to respect to IE.
    From what i have seen, IE9, if you havent seen yet, is the fastest loading web browsers i have seen. FF is too slow, sorry and its heavy.
    If you use smart card in internet banking, IE is a must, other browsers dont work. Thats what i realized. Infact i bought a new windows 7 basic and installed IE just to access my internet banking. I typically a mac user.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
    olddocks, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You haven't upgraded to FF6 yet then. And past that, coming in just weeks, are even lighter, faster versions that run rings around anything IE10 can do ( and 10 won't be out for almost a year! ).
    Yeah. Banks have always been slow, stodgy and behind the times.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  15. TemplateSpin

TemplateSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't belive that IE is dead because I've seen a lot users using IE.

TemplateSpin, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  16. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im not saying that IE is good, in fact in my opinion Firefox is the best, Im saying that Chrome is not a finished browser that hit the market and thats why its overhyped.

p.s By the way in your link for term IE doesnt load - Chrome is on 6th place.

Shimurai, in my case IE is the top:

[​IMG]

thats why Im curently finished editing my layout, IE6 is a nightmare and people still use it :(

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
    N_F_S, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Chrome is at version 13 and based on webkit, the same rendering engine used in Safari which was around long before Chrome. Chrome is a little more leading in standards support than Firefox. However, both are excellent browsers and claiming Chrome is not finished because you have issues with some web sites is naive.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  18. gfn

gfn Member

Best Answers:
    I think that Chrome is the best by far, its the fastest and I love the clean and easy nature of it. Sites viewed in FF and Chrome always show fine, if there is going to be a problem with a site not showing correctly its always in IE

gfn, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  19. ParaStorm5

ParaStorm5 Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    However, some are not clueless to your cheap way to advertise for people to click your sig links. :D

ParaStorm5, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  20. InFiNiTy™

InFiNiTy™ Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE was dead a long time ago. Also the theme doesn't look so great.

InFiNiTy™, Sep 7, 2011 IP