1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which SEO activites do you think its just waste of time after panda update????

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John Lewis sales, Sep 6, 2011.

Months after panda update last night i was thinking list down the activities which according to my knowledge are just wastage of time.

1. Directory submission(they are just wastage of time if you submit your links in 1000 directories only 100 will approve and of that 100 only 4 or 5 will give a do follow link)
    2. Article Submission(I feel that its better that you should use that content in web2.0 websites with adding pictures and other modules in web2.0 its makes an article more attracive)
    3. Excessively working on forums.

John Lewis sales, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  2. jarofed

jarofed Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that article submission is total waste of time. At least you can write really unique and interesting article with a couple of your links and submit it as guest post to some popular blogs.

jarofed, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  3. donaldsmith

donaldsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree with jarofed that articles with unique contents can be beneficial enough to go for the better results. Regarding directory submission I can't say that you don't have any worth with directory submission but they are useful in most of the cases.

donaldsmith, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  4. seolabs

seolabs Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Blog Content Farms have lesser and less value after the panda update.

Since they are mostly private networks which no one can pin point, Google targeted content instead. Re-written unique content (very few mods or key phrase changes - you can actually really pinpoint these out as it has been abused)

So I guess investing on Blog networks and poor re-writers have gone down on value.

seolabs, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  5. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sumitting the same article to multiple aritcle directories is pointless, I disagree regarding blog commenting, our sites rise when we do blog commenting "seoloabs" you must be doing something wrong! Are the blogs you comment on spammed to death? We use blogs with low outbound links.

geester1, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  6. seolabs

seolabs Peon

Best Answers:
    did you even read my post? I said blog content farms, and not Blog Comments.

Blog comments do have its merits, but it should be executed well.

seolabs, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  7. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    hello.

I think that article is not vast of time. If you write the article on interesting topic and likely. Then article is very good choice. for submission you chose auto approved blog and article sites.

Irfi0009, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  8. hashif

hashif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think its better to try Guest posting on high pagerank blogs related to your niche than article marketing..

hashif, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  9. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    What you are saying is that it is getting more difficult to get the ones you need. I take it you are talking about un-moderated free directories. Proof that Google is doing something right. The days of the shot gun approach are numbered. Responsible, ethical link building is the only way to go. Blog commenting is a disease, guest blogging is a commitment. Directory links still work albeit not as well as they used to.

khanter, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  10. prcys

prcys Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is not disease. In fact through blog comments we can share our thoughts on any topic and can get the best information also. And according to me none of the techniques is waste of time if we do it in right manner with best , unique and meaningful information. As google panda consider for quality.

prcys, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  11. francescapam

francescapam Peon

Best Answers:
    well, based on my experience, article submission and directory submission still effective. Having well optimize landing pages with relevant and informative content + linkbuildng will overcome the panda update!

francescapam, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  12. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is Askimet so widely used? Why does Wordpress hardcode comments as no follow?
    It's a disease. No question about it.

khanter, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  13. John Lewis sales

John Lewis sales Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you other than submitting a same article on 20 different article directories its better to submit it as a guest post on a blog related to your niche this is a very good practice. After Panda update i try my best to submit fresh content and i make sure that i don't duplicate the same article.

John Lewis sales, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  14. softwebsolutions

softwebsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article Submission can never be a waste of time as far as certain quality and uniqueness of the content is maintained. Also, it depends a lot on which websites the article is being submitted for the purpose of getting back links. I agree, submitting articles in web 2.0 websites bring quality back links. The web 2.0 sites hold high page rank and most of them are do-follow sites which give effective links useful for improving rankings on search engines.

Even after the panda update, the activities performed for SEO can never be waste of time because it will be helpful in some or the other ways in a long run for internet marketing of the business. Know more: http://goo.gl/Azaug

softwebsolutions, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  15. AdenClark

AdenClark Active Member

Best Answers:
    All whitehat backlinking methods are still useful, as long as its unique, informative content that is actually useful to the reader. Spinning the balls off of content and spamming it using article submission software is not doing anyone any favours as most of these article directories are of low value anyways. Only submit to the websites that have authority within the search engines. The panda update is over rated and is only 1 algorithm change out of thousands that have been rolled out during or after that specific update.

The only people that will suffer, is those that dont have unique informative content on their website, with unique informative content on the pages where your backlinks are placed. Many people are just building backlinks from any website possible, but one backlink on a related website with pagerank is worth more than a thousand crappy links. What are you going to do with your time?

AdenClark, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  16. Bekky

Bekky Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory submission on a lot of amount is a wasting time activities.

Bekky, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  17. garryhuds

garryhuds Member

Best Answers:
    I think every activity has its own value, so we cant deny anyone...

garryhuds, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  18. joeuk

joeuk Peon

Best Answers:
    I still try to add articles to directories for a link, although I put them on my site first and wait until they have been indexed before doing so.

joeuk, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  19. rosesmark

rosesmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting and Directories submission is the waste of time because its take lots time and effort that why i m not prefer this....

rosesmark, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  20. syedqurat

syedqurat Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think we cant deny any activity but use proper method

syedqurat, Sep 7, 2011 IP