1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is exactly a "quality" backlink?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kenayu, Jun 1, 2011.

1. wealthwind

wealthwind Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First, what is a backlink or incoming link?
    A backlink is simply a link pointing to your page from another page that is indexed by the search engine.

Before I explain what is a Quality Backlink, lets define that there are 2 kind of baklinks:

a = Natural (a backlink created by somebody without your intervention) - this is a "white hat' type of link
    b = Forced (a backlink created by yourself or outsourced) - this is a "grey hat" type of link

Because of commercial value of backlinks, probably 90-95% of all backlinks are forced ones.

Now, what is a Quality Backlink? This is a link:

1. from "STRONG" related web page (Strong = High PageRank + TrustRank + Authority + Age) for a variation of your keyword
    2. are 100% RELATED to your own page's keyword theme
    3. content backlink (link surrounded by relevant text)
    4. has the "EXACT" anchor text (words) of the keyword you are ranking for
    5. position on the page (higher up is better)
    6. "dofollow" type of link

Also, you have to take into consideration the following aspects:
    - Link Velocity ( the rate/speed at which you build links to your site) - Start off slowly!
    - Link Diversity (you have to build all types of links both dofollow and nofollow:
    content links, bookmarks, web directory links, forum profile signature links, web 2.0 property links, and so on.

It is very rarely happen and very hard to get Quality Backlink! But all other backlink
    that are not highest quality still can do the work for you and those links are 99%.

wealthwind, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  2. 2423898

2423898 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A quality backlink is a link from a high page rank site. One link from that is better than around 10 links from a low page rank site.

2423898, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  3. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    This leaves the a question of what does work? As a rule you don't get quality links from high PR sites. They have earned their PR because they are the sort of sites that do not trade in links. And those that do charge for a high PR listing can hardly claim quality status. Then there are organic links which seldom come with anchor text. So what are we left with?

This is a question we all ask and I am not sure whether anyone will ever come up with a concrete answer.

khanter, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  4. soccorss

soccorss Peon

Best Answers:
    A link which have put with their terms and conditions and their figure that is a good quality link.

soccorss, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  5. Plasticsrecycler

Plasticsrecycler Peon

Best Answers:
    quality backlinks r those which r relevant to the site,high pr and do follow sites.

Plasticsrecycler, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  6. amir100

amir100 Peon

Best Answers:
    i am working in SEO from last 2 years . as for as i am concerned Good backlinks is that is Related to your topic . High pr dofollow , With less Out bound links .. & in the middle of content.

amir100, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  7. everine

everine Peon

Best Answers:
    this 3 points are the most important.

everine, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  8. sophie1986

sophie1986 Member

Best Answers:
    You need to build links from themed website with high page rank and less outbound links. It should be do follow link and from separate IP.

sophie1986, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  9. toothmaniac

toothmaniac Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    is any website really providing good quality back link for affordable price?

toothmaniac, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  10. Diane Forster

Diane Forster Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Quality backlinks simply refer to backlinks being from authority sites and also relevance to content. Your backlinks must be informative and appropriate else it just fails to do the job of a good backlink.

Diane Forster, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  11. khulet22

khulet22 Member

Best Answers:
    quality backlink should be organic and get to a good site with a higher pr

khulet22, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  12. no_more

no_more Peon

Best Answers:
    It must be Dofollow
    Good PR
    Good Alexa Rank(Traffic)
    And must be unique.

no_more, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  13. Bekky

Bekky Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality Backlink a Backlink from High PR and more Traffic sites.

Bekky, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  14. Tekamolo

Tekamolo Peon

Best Answers:
    These criteria make a backlink a quality backlink:

1. trust (if the backlinks comes from .edu, .gov, i's more powerful)
    2. PR of the page the backlink comes from - the higher the better
    3. PR of the index page of the linking domain - the higher the better, but this is not as important as #2
    4. Relevancy of the linking website to your website - The more relevant the better.

Let me give an example: You have a website about online courses of the English language. Ideally, I would gather backlinks from .edu websites about e-learning, whose index page's PR is 8 and PR of the backlinking page is 5+.

Tekamolo, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  15. ajay1990

ajay1990 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Friends,
    I need your help please give me a right answer of question it's urgent for me ???

I am Ajay i have website i do SEO myself for my website but now a days i am facing one problem with my website, my problem is that my website having PR 4 and traffic more then 8000 per months,

now i checked alexa traffic rank of my web site before some months then alexa traffic rank was
    • Alexa Traffic Rank: 210000
    • Indian Traffic ranks was 90000
    and friends now a days i am checking my alexa rank then i found that

• Alexa Traffic Rank: 1,433,732 (it's good incomprehension before )
    • No regional data : (there is no any rank here)
    why is this problem No regional data ?????
    &
    what is mean of this No regional data ?

I am so sad after knowing this, and it's my request to alll seo companies that please give me solution of my problem and please guide me,
    i am not able to got it,

I hope that you have good experience of SEO then definitely You will give me reply fast.
    Thanks.

Regards
    Ajay

ajay1990, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  16. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    You make this sound real easy. But in practise you don't get links from authority or PR8 sites for the asking. And if you do the chances are that they are not going to last. So what is the point? Link building is a process that requires anchor text that points to key words in a pages title tag. And the sites you are looking for are those that are well run, spam free and which accept links to your internal pages. Links that last two, three, five and even ten years. This is link building. This is the coal face. Its a process which started from the year dot and every link builder does it, putting together a long list and a resource that they guard jealously

Organic links on the other hand happen naturally, an unforeseen spin off, a result of putting together a successful marketing and PR campaign to generate traffic. And whilst the cumulative effective is good, often very good, for serp's its not link building in the true sense of the word.

And I don't understand why I am the only one doing it this way. How come every one else has the time and the resources needed to access and utilise high PR .EDU sites that don't exist for me? Am I the only one getting the results I do from 'those other sort of' sites?

khanter, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  17. p.caspian

p.caspian Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality Backlinks means manual/natural backlinks. Without using any software if we build links then its called quality backlinks.

p.caspian, Sep 6, 2011 IP