1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Generating Backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jwmann2, Sep 4, 2011.

When it comes to generating backlinks; is it better to have 2 or 3 backlinks on hundreds of websites, regardless of page rank? Or would it be more beneficial to have hundreds of backlinks on a website with a pagerank of 8 or 9? More specifically, which strategy is better at manipulating the Google algorithm?
    I post in a lot of forums for backlinks and one forum I post in has a page rank of 8, so should I focus a lot of my efforts to that specific forum? Each post counts as one backlink, I do believe.

jwmann2, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I never cared about PR ...

w3bmaster, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  3. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Most experienced link builders believe that forum signatures have been devalued to the point where they hardly work any longer. All Links are a low value high volume assets and your first priority when building links must be to place them on sites where they will last and grow with time.

khanter, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  4. patrick0001

patrick0001 Member

Best Answers:
    Now a day, PR play less important role. Link back from different forum would be much more effective, if focus to one forum, we only get back from same IP.

patrick0001, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  5. prcys

prcys Member

Best Answers:
    PR has higher important now a days then backlinks. As PR shows the reputation or quality of the site and now a days since new algorithm google prefer for quality first. I have seen many sites that has less backlinks but high PR with best search result in top position.

prcys, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  6. backlinkgenerator

backlinkgenerator Peon

Best Answers:
    PRs are great but as a thumb rule back links still work. Mostly in terms of relevant backlink which google has found a way of figuring out.

backlinkgenerator, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  7. Bekky

Bekky Peon

Best Answers:
    PR gives a weight to your site . but promoting website with 0 pr also give good weight to your site.

Bekky, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  8. jitendra05

jitendra05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should go for niche related without caring PR

jitendra05, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  9. Johnletton

Johnletton Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing matters today in SEO except ranking and high conversion organic sales so do everything for the sale.

Johnletton, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  10. Jennifer Moss

Jennifer Moss Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing information, I have some doubt regarding back links! Please give me some idea about higher PR?

Jennifer Moss, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  11. iesacademy

iesacademy Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that building quality backlinks is more fruitful than building hundreds of low quality backlinks.. Also it depends that whether the links are do follow or nofollow..

iesacademy, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  12. virender.creative

virender.creative Peon

Best Answers:
    Do all SEO offpage activities.i sure you will get more back links soon.

virender.creative, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  13. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget PR. It's an expensive and meaningless goo-gaah. Sites that have earned high PR do not offer desperate web masters the back links they hunger and will pay for. Good SEO is a long term committment. Much like planting seeds. Build your links using resources that are going to last. You do not want to be replacing and replanting year after year. Do it right the first time.

khanter, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  14. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use off-page optimization techniques for generating more backlinks for your website

Kiranraj, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  15. tech.biztech

tech.biztech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Forum and blog comment both are better for quality backlinks and also for relevant traffic. But in blog there are many blogs are nofollow so forum is more better way for it. If you done it with .edu and .gov site. it is more beneficial for you.

tech.biztech, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  16. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    And this is where the argument starts to get silly. This forum has had to introduce Akismet in an attempt to control spam postings. There are many similar forums which go 'no follow' for the same reason. How long will it be before the moderators throw in the towel and do the same? Do you believe a link which eventually gets no followed is a quality link? Do you believe that a resource that allows link spamming, for whatever reason, can be cited as a source of quality links?

Comments on Wordpress are hard coded as 'no follow'. Why is that? Why do so called experts on this and other SEO forums urge inexperienced and naive web masters to use automated tools to spam sites that have said 'Thx. But No Thx' we don't want your spam. When is the culture going to change? When are web masters going to wake up to the fact that they have to make themselves useful and that they have to learn how to contribute before they take?

When are web masters going to learn that a quality link is one which lasts the tests of time. All the goobledy gook that gets thrown around all the time is nothing but smoke and a hindrance. Try applying a measure of common sense to the link building you do.

khanter, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  17. hfmovies

hfmovies Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many forums are now signed, we have a reasonable useis very good.

hfmovies, Sep 7, 2011 IP